First 12345 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

At least I have my King of the Hill dvds to hear her awesome Luann voice whenever I want.

The eating disorder thing wouldn't surprise me at all, given that she seemed to alternate between looking smokin' hot and looking really unhealthy. The picture Yahoo has up of her from just a few weeks ago she looks like a skeleton.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    That's such a lame concept^ I have trouble believing that someone actually entertains it.
    In every discussion about the death of a famous person it pops up. It's a desperate attempt to appear profound.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

She looked really rough. I figured it was due to struggles with her eating disorder. I also noticed that she'd gotten a fair amount of plastic surgery, totally unnecessary if you ask me. Who needs "trout pout" at 32? Who can survive in Hollywood without being turned into a head/basketcase?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The unfortunate truth about human beings is that they mourn most for people who die when they feel some sort of identification or connection with that person. It happens with celebrities when a person has particularly followed that celebrity's work, because on some artistic level the fan may feel a personal emotional response to the film, book, music, etc. Even though most individuals aren't actually "personally connected" to famous people, the symbolic identification can still be present.

Besides, if everyone sat around and cried over all the people who die in the world everyday, we'd all hang ourselves...or at the very least, life wouldn't go on. Grieving for people whom you feel either a personal connection or identification with is a defense mechanism against being emotionally overwhelmed by the death surrounding us every day.

You can also look it as healthy that people express grief, symbolically, through celebrities because grief has to be acknowledged somewhere - even if subconsciously underneath it all it's actually about something else.
    its totally understandable if someone is a fan of her work.
    i just dont get why someone feels bad just because s/he knew that the person existed. imo this isnt even a real tragic, real tragic is mass kids and adults dying in hunger in africa or a 14 year old kid who killed herself pretty much because of this rotten society
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I wasn't a big fan of hers (though I liked her fine) and I'm not sad. Just surprised. I have been sad about other celebrity deaths, though, so I can understand if someone is a fan of hers being sad about her death. I though marmalade made an excellent point.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i just dont get why someone feels bad just because s/he knew that the person existed. imo this isnt even a real tragic, real tragic is mass kids and adults dying in hunger in africa or a 14 year old kid who killed herself pretty much because of this rotten society
    Ooooh...I see. You're moved by the death of the many, but not by the death of individuals? Death bothers you as an abstract concept but applying it to an actual person makes you go stone cold inside?

Sniffles

"You kill one person it's a tragedy, you kill ten thousand people it's a statistic."
    --Joseph Stalin

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Ooooh...I see. You're moved by the death of the many, but not by the death of individuals? Death bothers you as an abstract concept but applying it to an actual person makes you go stone cold inside?
    nah its not about that amount of deaths, its just that i dont get why someone feels bad for one person dying who s/he didnt know, but doesent feel the same way for others who die and s/he didnt know.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    "You kill one person it's a tragedy, you kill ten thousand people it's a statistic."
    --Joseph Stalin
    thats just plain retarted
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Sniffles

thats just plain retarted
    Yeah but you have to admit it does have a ring of truth to it.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I saw this coming.

:/
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles