• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

brittany murphy died today

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
:( At least I have my King of the Hill dvds to hear her awesome Luann voice whenever I want.

The eating disorder thing wouldn't surprise me at all, given that she seemed to alternate between looking smokin' hot and looking really unhealthy. The picture Yahoo has up of her from just a few weeks ago she looks like a skeleton. :(

S

Sniffles

That's such a lame concept^ I have trouble believing that someone actually entertains it.

In every discussion about the death of a famous person it pops up. It's a desperate attempt to appear profound.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She looked really rough. I figured it was due to struggles with her eating disorder. I also noticed that she'd gotten a fair amount of plastic surgery, totally unnecessary if you ask me. Who needs "trout pout" at 32? Who can survive in Hollywood without being turned into a head/basketcase?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The unfortunate truth about human beings is that they mourn most for people who die when they feel some sort of identification or connection with that person. It happens with celebrities when a person has particularly followed that celebrity's work, because on some artistic level the fan may feel a personal emotional response to the film, book, music, etc. Even though most individuals aren't actually "personally connected" to famous people, the symbolic identification can still be present.

Besides, if everyone sat around and cried over all the people who die in the world everyday, we'd all hang ourselves...or at the very least, life wouldn't go on. Grieving for people whom you feel either a personal connection or identification with is a defense mechanism against being emotionally overwhelmed by the death surrounding us every day.

You can also look it as healthy that people express grief, symbolically, through celebrities because grief has to be acknowledged somewhere - even if subconsciously underneath it all it's actually about something else.

its totally understandable if someone is a fan of her work.
i just dont get why someone feels bad just because s/he knew that the person existed. imo this isnt even a real tragic, real tragic is mass kids and adults dying in hunger in africa or a 14 year old kid who killed herself pretty much because of this rotten society

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I wasn't a big fan of hers (though I liked her fine) and I'm not sad. Just surprised. I have been sad about other celebrity deaths, though, so I can understand if someone is a fan of hers being sad about her death. I though marmalade made an excellent point.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i just dont get why someone feels bad just because s/he knew that the person existed. imo this isnt even a real tragic, real tragic is mass kids and adults dying in hunger in africa or a 14 year old kid who killed herself pretty much because of this rotten society

Ooooh...I see. You're moved by the death of the many, but not by the death of individuals? Death bothers you as an abstract concept but applying it to an actual person makes you go stone cold inside?

S

Sniffles

"You kill one person it's a tragedy, you kill ten thousand people it's a statistic."
--Joseph Stalin

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ooooh...I see. You're moved by the death of the many, but not by the death of individuals? Death bothers you as an abstract concept but applying it to an actual person makes you go stone cold inside?

nah its not about that amount of deaths, its just that i dont get why someone feels bad for one person dying who s/he didnt know, but doesent feel the same way for others who die and s/he didnt know.

"You kill one person it's a tragedy, you kill ten thousand people it's a statistic."
--Joseph Stalin

thats just plain retarted

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah but you have to admit it does have a ring of truth to it.

how come? if 10000 dead is statistic then 1 person is just smaller number in statistics and if 1 person dead is tradegy then 10000 dead is 10000 times the same tragedy

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
nah its not about that amount of deaths, its just that i dont get why someone feels bad for one person dying who s/he didnt know, but doesent feel the same way for others who die and s/he didnt know.

I thought I had already explained that quite adequately. Also, I wonder the same about you - why do you feel bad for random fourteen year old killing him or herself because they can't handle this world, but don't feel bad for mentally unstable 32 year old woman who likely starved herself to death or took a drug overdose?

Because, after all, Britanny Murphy was just a woman.

I think you're using this as a platform to spread some liberal rhetoric about why we should embrace social programs and stop war, and as liberal as I may be myself (actually I'm a moderate Democrat) this is why I fucking hate liberals.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought I had already explained that quite adequately. Also, I wonder the same about you - why do you feel bad for random fourteen year old killing him or herself because they can't handle this world, but don't feel bad for mentally unstable 32 year old woman who likely starved herself to death or took a drug overdose?

Because, after all, Britney Murphey was just a woman.

I think you're using this as some platform to spread some liberal rhetoric about why we should embrace social programs and stop war, and as liberal as I may be myself (actually I'm a moderate Democrat) this is why I fucking hate liberals.

14year old kid killing herself is a real tragedy, this isnt in my opinion. that 14 year old kid happened to be my cousins daughter, but i dont think that it was tragedy just because i knew her.

i dont feel bad for brittany because i didnt develope eny emotion bond between her or between enyone who knew her. if i would feel bad for everyone i havent developed emotion bond between i would just cry all day because people are dying every second.

sorry but i dont understand that last sentence and i dont even know exactly what liberals or democrats stand for because we dont use those names for politic parties here

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont feel bad for brittany because i didnt develope eny emotion bond between her or between enyone who knew her. if i would feel bad for everyone i havent developed emotion bond between i would just cry all day because people are dying every second.

You're just re-stating in different language what I said to you, thereby answering your own question.

Have a nice day, comrade.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
We should have a thread all the "don't feel bad for anyone's death because other people die" responses go in. It really does happen everytime a star dies.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

:doh:

You're just re-stating in different language what I said to you, thereby answering your own question.

Have a nice day, comrad.

but how can you develope emotion bond between(not to) someone who you dont even personally know? or is it just my low Fe that doesent allow me to form an emotional bond to someone who doesent do the same for me or doesent even know me?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
We should have a thread all the "don't feel bad for anyone's death because other people die" responses go in. It really does happen everytime a star dies.

maybe some mod will split this discussion to topic like that :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:doh:

but how can you develope emotion bond between(not to) someone who you dont even personally know? or is it just my low Fe that doesent allow me to form an emotional bond to someone who doesent do the same for me or doesent even know me?

I already said:

It happens with celebrities when a person has particularly followed that celebrity's work, because on some artistic level the fan may feel a personal emotional response to the film, book, music, etc. Even though most individuals aren't actually "personally connected" to famous people, the symbolic identification can still be present.

and this:

You can also look it as healthy that people express grief, symbolically, through celebrities because grief has to be acknowledged somewhere - even if subconsciously underneath it all it's actually about something else.

to address that question.