User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Nowhere man does look pretty good.
    As does sherlock holmes!
    So far Avater and district 9 have been best! Saw avatar in 3D wonderful!
    yea I'm not really a scie fi movie watcher

How was your Brithday? Good I hope

Belated Happy Birthdays to you.....

Happy Christmas too

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I believe the movies that did the best this year were of the "chick flick" persuasion. Stuff like the Twighlight series and romantic comedies and stuff like that. If those weren't your type of movies, then this year looks pretty weak.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I believe the movies that did the best this year were of the "chick flick" persuasion. Stuff like the Twighlight series and romantic comedies and stuff like that. If those weren't your type of movies, then this year looks pretty weak.
    -_____- The Twilight nonsense did well, but it is by no means good. I don't know what kind of drugs people are on, but that kind of mind altering is in no way healthy or beneficial.
    I wish there were more Sci Fi movies floating around. I enjoyed Pandorum and still have to see Moon.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Presumably in the middle of an ecconomic depression, stuff like vampires and gohsts become quite population (and the population rises)....

Hmmm weird huh

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Moon
    Watchmen
    Zombieland
    Inglourious Basterds
    Star Trek
    District 9
    The Hurt Locker
    Public Enemies
    The Road
    Sherlock Holmes

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

So you liked The Road? That's one of the rare cases where I love the book too much to see a movie version unless it's really, really amazing. And even then...

The book is just so internal and relies so much on McCarthy's language that I doubt most filmmakers' abilities to translate it to the screen. What's moving about it isn't inherently visual or plot-driven, and I worry from the trailers that it comes off as yet another version of The Stand, or else melodramatic when it could be deeply moving.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    So you liked The Road? That's one of the rare cases where I love the book too much to see a movie version unless it's really, really amazing. And even then...

The book is just so internal and relies so much on McCarthy's language that I doubt most filmmakers' abilities to translate it to the screen. What's moving about it isn't inherently visual or plot-driven, and I worry from the trailers that it comes off as yet another version of The Stand, or else melodramatic when it could be deeply moving.
    Well, I understand your fears definitely, The Road is one of my favorite books, and of course the movie can't really compare on the same level. But it is good in its own right. Capturing McCarthy's language isn't really possible, but I'd say it does a good job at capturing the atmosphere.

In any case, I'd say it's definitely worth seeing. I don't see how a movie could in any way destroy an already positive stance on the book.

MBTI
    ENTP

nowher boy was very touching....

There are a good few movies coming up that looks like they will be good... Alice; Shutter Island; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows I, and thats without really looking through....

So from the offing better than last year

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Well, I understand your fears definitely, The Road is one of my favorite books, and of course the movie can't really compare on the same level. But it is good in its own right. Capturing McCarthy's language isn't really possible, but I'd say it does a good job at capturing the atmosphere.

In any case, I'd say it's definitely worth seeing. I don't see how a movie could in any way destroy an already positive stance on the book.
    Thanks for your opinion. I think I probably will see the movie if it opens in this area. I don't think that seeing a bad movie would destroy my positive stance on a book; the issue is more that I feel very close to the material and it would sadden me to feel that it wasn't done justice.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

inglorious bastards...........anything written by tarantino or woody allen im there