Thread: Avatar

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I think that was @ INTPc: Project 880: The Movie That Avatar Almost Was. That would be a more interesting story, and better characters.
    I'll have to read that. About all I know at the moment is that 880 was the original project name when he was trying to get a studio to buy into things.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

it's moments like these when I read through things that I enjoy being the enfp that I am b/c I can just fall in love with a movie b/c there was a 'A Typical' love story that was predictable right smack dab in the middle of it.

Ah to look outside the box and see the beauty of it all and the richness that it portrayed.... what a lush movie. I don't get caught up in story lines, I went for a high action movie based on fantasy and that is exactly what I got. I didn't add any predisposed notions because of who made the film or what it was based off of.

=P
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I demand more.

I know Cameron can deliver that too.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

just b/c he can why does he have to?

*mutters* damn intps always pushing for more and never being happy with what they have *mutters*
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I demand more.
    I know Cameron can deliver that too.
    No wonder he dumped you after that fling with Linda Hamilton, you just are never happy with what a man can give!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

After robots from the future and giant queen aliens, I expect a lot!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    oh gee.... Rather like saying "someone like Picasso...."

Tarantino's a unique talent, equipped to create intriguing pastiches of old half-baked ideas. He could make a rotten potato look enticingly menacing.
    I'm not even a big Tarantino fan, myself (actually I think he's kind of a tool and when I watch his movies I can always see him hacking away at a typewriter--never a computer, always a typewriter, to be different) but there's no doubt he's talented at paying homage to the ghost of movies past. And he weaves a pretty funky plot.

I think that was @ INTPc: Project 880: The Movie That Avatar Almost Was. That would be a more interesting story, and better characters.
    Oops. Thanks for linking.

And I agree- I know Cameron can do better. Aliens was fantastic.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

We just got back from seeing Avatar. Had to see the 2D because the 3D doesn't "work" for me (no surprise there though.)

You know, I enjoyed it more than I expected. I didn't mind that the "human/humanoid" characters were somewhat 2D in emotional density and behavior; it really made the environment come to life as a soul-filled entity for me.

Lovely; just lovely. Cried three times. How come no one told me to take tissues?

MBTI
    ENFJ

It was absolutely gorgeous -- just very long.

Also, while a lot of things seemed to have been foreshadowed I think I saw one huge plothole, or at least something that was left very unexplained.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Lovely; just lovely. Cried three times. How come no one told me to take tissues?
    I thought it was a given.

I have done my share too.

It's always funny what movies turn off some people and resonate with others. Ah well.