MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Extra LOL!

{spoilers}

SERGEANT STRAW MAN: How 'bout we work it into the plot that later on, when it comes time to choose being a full time Smurf, your Smurf body is by that time crippled and can't walk, so it means giving up the chance of having legs as a human in order to be crippled as a Smurf?

JUGHEAD: Wow! Yeah, that would be an intensely dramatic dilemma! By forcing me to give up something instead of just becoming more awesome, that would show the love for my upcoming love interest and the sacrifice I make to be with her, as well as how deep my bond with the Smurf society has become. It would show real heroism, and conflict, and hard decisions, and...

JAMES CAMERON: Shut the fuck up.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    SERGEANT STRAW MAN: How 'bout we work it into the plot that later on, when it comes time to choose being a full time Smurf, your Smurf body is by that time crippled and can't walk, so it means giving up the chance of having legs as a human in order to be crippled as a Smurf?

JUGHEAD: Wow! Yeah, that would be an intensely dramatic dilemma! By forcing me to give up something instead of just becoming more awesome, that would show the love for my upcoming love interest and the sacrifice I make to be with her, as well as how deep my bond with the Smurf society has become. It would show real heroism, and conflict, and hard decisions, and...

JAMES CAMERON: Shut the fuck up.
    Nice. And you're right, that actually shows a much bigger commitment.

I just don't know how many people would shell out money over and over again to watch "My Left Foot" in space, though.

And pretty much being paralyzed from the waist down in a jungle environment is the kiss of death. Infected bedsores, eaten by Thanator, for the win!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I just don't know how many people would shell out money over and over again to watch "My Left Foot" in space, though.
    Well...

PEOPLE AT FURRY CONVENTIONS : Thank you, James Cameron, for the highest budget masturbation material ever made.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

More awesome:

GEORGE LUCAS: Oh, man, I can't wait to get my hands on this technology. Did you see what I did with Jar Jar Binks? Imagine that, but times a billion!

AUDIENCE: Oh god... no... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    PEOPLE AT FURRY CONVENTIONS : Thank you, James Cameron, for the highest budget masturbation material ever made.
    I'm scared to login to Second Life anymore now.

EDIT: At first, I thought you were talking about "doing the nasty" with Jar Jar in your second post.
    (And yes... it would be NASTY.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I just saw this last night and the conclusion throughout my group afterward was "Wow."
    There were certainly things that could have been better in regard to character/plot development, but i'm under the impression it would've been far longer than it was in that case .
    Visually, it was stunning. The various emotional responses sparked were fantastic and their lack of lingering on certain responses for too long was realistic and appealing to me.
    I was impressed, just not for the typical reasons.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I was impressed, just not for the typical reasons.
    This. It was a very fun experience for me. I think they did a great job conveying emotion in CG characters, which is often done so poorly.

Originality and character depth weren't the focus of this movie, and for me that was ok.
    -end of thread-

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I definitely agree. It was a bunch of rehashed-everything with Lisa Frank colors puked all over it. (I'm guessing Lisa Frank isn't known in France, but look her/it up - it's a line of school products for little girls...stickers, folders, pencils, paper, notebooks, etc. Crappy art with bright colors.)
    I've never heard of Lisa Frank, but generally, the aesthetics of Avatar reminded me of a cross between My Little Pony and Carebears, the whole drawn under an acid trip.

This is what happens when you eat too much Psilocybes...

I agree with that too. Even the 3D aspect wasn't terribly impressive, imo. It was neat, but it felt like a regular movie that they added 3D to for the hype around 3D movies...just to make more money.

Seriously, the more I think about it, the more I dislike Avatar.
    Cameron needed those obcenely contrasted colours because of the 3D effects. With darker tones, it wouldn't have worked so well.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI