• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Photography

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was curious to know if there were any photographers on this board :) I've seen JAVO's beautiful landscapes, and I was wondering if there were any other closet photography enthusiasts.

I have a small collection of cameras myself - I guess I'm where old cameras go to live out their senior years :D

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I am a very amateur photographer and more of a photography enthusiast. I think the way you can capturing a specific object in a specific space and time and transform it even while you capture it is kinda fascinating. And the way people look at things when you give them a camera -- it's really interesting what people pay attention to!

For my technical prowess I got as far as buying my SLR kit and taking a class and developing a few shots in a darkroom. Part of what turned me away from it as that supposedly every damn photo I took came out slightly out of focus! And then I got vision correction surgery and now all is well. :)

I am more into the moving image and some of my film classmates also have traditional photography backgrounds (which helps a lot).

BTW, I just had to share this:

Paul Kopeikin Gallery - Jill Greenberg

The gallery of 'kids shots' is pure evil.

But I :heart: orangutans.

Last edited:

Usehername

On a mission
Check out Geoff's stuff. He's awesome at it. Blows my mind every time he posts some new photos.

I am starting to get into it. However, I am a total n00b at it and opened my om2 after I thought I had rewound the film (but apparently it was the wrong direction or something?) and just exposed my 2nd roll ever. my 1st roll is good to go and isn't developed yet.

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've seen JAVO's beautiful landscapes,....

I haven't seen any of Javo's pictures. Can you tell me where I can find these beautiful landscapes of his?

I'm not of photographer myself, but I think pt would like to take up the hobbie one day. I like to admire beautiful pictures, I just don't think I have the eye to create it. I am envious of those of you who can do it. :yes:

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've only been at it for about a year, but I'm really enjoying photography. I only have a point-and-shoot and a small tripod, I haven't graduated to an SLR yet. But I kind of like finding out what I can accomplish with the cruder tool and seeing how it measures up.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love taking pictures, but I'm not terribly good at it, and I don't have the money to spend on a really good camera anyway. It's a fun hobby though.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm currently saving up to get a Pentax k100d to finish a book idea that I have. I've been shooting with my crappy P&S for awhile now but I have managed to sell a few of my shots even though they weren't taken with a great camera! It's all about having something someone wants I guess.

Best Shots - a photoset on Flickr

Those are my best shots. The one I sold is the panoramic of Tumon Bay in Guam. I sold both versions of it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm terrible with a camera and must never be allowed to touch one under any circumstance.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am very much into photography. I am especially into nature photography - birds, trees, wildflowers, landscapes, marmots... :)

I am also really into traveling, so I have rolls and rolls of travel photos - I took nearly 15 rolls of film when I went to Greece a few years ago!! :) (I'm still using an SLR with 28-300mm lens, although when I go to Turkey next year I'm going to have to buy a Digital-SLR because there's no way I'll be able to get the film developed while I'm in Turkey).

Photography for me, and capturing all of the images that I SEE while I'm out in the world, is like my journal - in fact it's much better than writing in a journal - because the images take me back to the places in a way the words can't. [Although, I DO journal also. :) Photos are just MUCH more important to me.]

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You had me at the word "marmots". :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't seen any of Javo's pictures. Can you tell me where I can find these beautiful landscapes of his?

I'm not of photographer myself, but I think pt would like to take up the hobbie one day. I like to admire beautiful pictures, I just don't think I have the eye to create it. I am envious of those of you who can do it. :yes:

I think he has a link on his profile! :) It's so worth the look too! The shots of Cedar Falls are splendid.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You had me at the word "marmots". :D

Here's my favorite marmot in the whole world. Look, he's even smiling at me!! :)

aa77gs1.jpg

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL!!! What a funny creature!! And yes, that's a smile. I doubt anyone has honored him with a portrait.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I enjoy taking pictures (although I haven't in a while). I don't consider myself a photographer though (because I hardly know what I'm doing aside from pushing a button or two on a device they call a camera).

A couple ones I took in SF a year and a half or so ago:
SF1.jpg

3.jpg

Multonomah Falls in Oregon:
FallsOregon.jpg

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love taking pictures, but I'm not terribly good at it, and I don't have the money to spend on a really good camera anyway. It's a fun hobby though.

You know, I have a '81 Minolta X-370 - very forgiving and completely manual - you can buy them on Ebay for relatively little. I paid $90.00 for one camera body ( in super condition thankfully ) and several lenses. Now that digital cameras have flooded the market, no one really wants the manual cameras anymore, and you can get them for a song.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am very much into photography. I am especially into nature photography - birds, trees, wildflowers, landscapes, marmots... :)

I am also really into traveling, so I have rolls and rolls of travel photos - I took nearly 15 rolls of film when I went to Greece a few years ago!! :) (I'm still using an SLR with 28-300mm lens, although when I go to Turkey next year I'm going to have to buy a Digital-SLR because there's no way I'll be able to get the film developed while I'm in Turkey).

Photography for me, and capturing all of the images that I SEE while I'm out in the world, is like my journal - in fact it's much better than writing in a journal - because the images take me back to the places in a way the words can't. [Although, I DO journal also. :) Photos are just MUCH more important to me.]

OOOOH! Turkey sounds fantastic. Which part of the country will you be visiting? I've always wanted to see the Hagia Sofia.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OOOOH! Turkey sounds fantastic. Which part of the country will you be visiting? I've always wanted to see the Hagia Sofia.

Strictly the western third of the country. Istanbul to Cappadocia/Uchisar, to Konya, to Antalya, then 4-5 days going up the Turquoise coast, then to Ephesus, back to Istanbul, and home.

I'm SOOOO excited!!! :smile: Hopefully the trip will work out....crossing my fingers....

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Strictly the western third of the country. Istanbul to Cappadocia/Uchisar, to Konya, to Antalya, then 4-5 days going up the Turquoise coast, then to Ephesus, back to Istanbul, and home.

I'm SOOOO excited!!! :smile: Hopefully the trip will work out....crossing my fingers....

Oh WOW, that sounds AMAZING. Consider me insanely jealous!! That whole region of the world is steeped in history. I hope you get to go!