User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Photography

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Oh WOW, that sounds AMAZING. Consider me insanely jealous!! That whole region of the world is steeped in history. I hope you get to go!
    Yes, I love that region of the world as well. The Mediterranean was always where I wanted to go as a kid (the idea of Greece fascinated me, so my first solo trip was to go to Greece, and I wasn't disappointed). I've been to Spain and Italy too...those southern European spots tug me.

Turkey is it's own world though - the clash of the east and the west. Plus a lot of nature thrown in too. I can't wait. :-) The only reason I'm 'crossing my fingers' is the political situation to the east; I think it would be unlikely that I wouldn't be able to go, but I'll just have to see. At least I have trip insurance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd love to learn photography. But I'm too shy to pick up a camera and take photographs. I don't know why, though.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Yes, I love that region of the world as well. The Mediterranean was always where I wanted to go as a kid (the idea of Greece fascinated me, so my first solo trip was to go to Greece, and I wasn't disappointed). I've been to Spain and Italy too...those southern European spots tug me.
    You have no idea how envious I am of you. I read travel books all the time. Spain looks awesome too. Have you been to Morocco? I heard it was a must-see.

Turkey is it's own world though - the clash of the east and the west. Plus a lot of nature thrown in too. I can't wait. :-) The only reason I'm 'crossing my fingers' is the political situation to the east; I think it would be unlikely that I wouldn't be able to go, but I'll just have to see. At least I have trip insurance.
    Turkey has some of the most unspoiled ancient Greco-Roman ruins on the planet. But you're right. The region has destabilized even more lately. Their government IS trying to bring in tourism, so I don't believe it will be too long a wait for you if you do have to postpone.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I haven't been to Morocco, but yes, parts of it would be really interesting. I DID make it to Gibraltar, though, so I SAW Morocco. And since I stuck to strictly the Andalucia portion of Spain, I did experience a bit of the arabic/moor influence in a few of those cities I visited.

I can refer you to a traveling forum if you ever want to dig into travel topics/research, although it's much more geared towards 'independent travelers'. :-)

I'm flying off to L.A. tonight for a little vacation! [by the way, my ability to travel does come with a price...a cubicle job. So, I do pay my dues, and occasionally I question the price. :-) ]

Other than my long list of favorite nature/landscape photographers, one of my favorite photographers is Garry Winogrand. I think he was likely an ESTP. Edit: When he died, he left behind thousands of rolls of undeveloped film and untitled images.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Winogrand
    Photography is about finding out what can happen in the frame. When you put four edges around some facts, you change those facts.
    On one of my rare street photography excursions in the large city I live in, I borrowed a lot from his work when I snapped a photo of the guy who appeared to have been approaching me aggressively in an attempt to steal my camera. I politely thanked this gentleman for the unsurpassed photographic opportunity. (It's good to have a friend watching your back when engrossed in your camera's viewfinder doing street photography! )

Tension
    Last edited by JAVO; 11-14-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Added photo

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Other than my long list of favorite nature/landscape photographers.......
    Would you be inclined to post maybe 5 of your all-time favorite nature/landscape photographers???

I myself don't follow the 'experts' in photography and am a total amateur and don't know any of the techie stuff... ...but would be interested to get a short list so I can look into them next time I go to a library.....

Here are some of my favorite photos. All were taken with a point and shoot, so the quality may not be as good as it can be, but I liked the subjects. I would just link, but the photo site I use went out of business and I haven't gotten them all up online somewhere else yet.

By fmwarner at 2007-12-14

By fmwarner at 2008-01-05

By fmwarner at 2007-10-02

By fmwarner, shot with DSC-S40 at 2007-10-02

By fmwarner, shot with DSC-S40 at 2007-10-02

MBTI
    istp

i like taking pictures, but by no means does that make me a photographer. im just not very artistic... i do love to look at good photography, either way.

MBTI
    isfj

I've been doing photography for about 12 years now. Most of my work was done on 35mm and I've been using a little digital since '01 or so. I want to get a sweet digital SLR, maybe a Rebel since I have a Rebel 35mm and the lenses are somewhat interchangeable.

Somewhere in California along the 5 freeway:

Church in Downtown Portland:

Bikes in NW Portland:
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.