User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Talk about season 4 of Dexter (Spoiler Alert)

I have had a physical reaction to exactly two people dying on a television show. Omar took me like 12 hours to get over and I'm guessing it's going to be the same for Rita. I just finished watching it and I'm in shock and while it makes me feel pathetic to say I have an unset stomach over it.

So, anybody else have any thoughts, ideas, comments, conclusions or anything else about this season and where the series will go?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Honestly, I'm more sad to see Trinity go.

Still, it was a shock to see Rita meet her end like that.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I was hoping it wasn't the case and that he was dreaming. Even i felt upset and i haven't been that fond of Rita in the past season.

It's strange and causes more of an uproar because you have to think about the endings of the other 3 seasons. Things always ended on a good note and Dexter always 'won' in some fashion. He didn't win here. The fans didn't win here. I can see why they did it, but i don't have to enjoy it heh.
    It poses a heap of questions.
    Do the grandparents take the kids for a while? Just hers? Does Dexter feel unsatisfied with killing Trinity without knowing his last act? How does that affect him? Is his son enough to make him keep on the path of being good? Does he abandon the code?
    Then things like.. Does Deb find out? What connections are made between Dexter and Trinity when he has to report Rita's death?
    I really can't speculate what will happen, but think it is obvious Deb will finally find out and that the season will just be insane. Good or bad.. it will be insane.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I was shocked, and agree with having felt sick to my stomach afterward. It took me several hours to settle down enough to sleep after watching. Narratively, it was amazing and perfectly logical... emotionally, very tough to take. It was a well-played twist because while I didn't see it coming, it has a feeling of inevitability after the fact, and the audience experiences the same shock and resignation that Dexter does. I know most people seemed not to like Rita, but I really liked the way the character was written.

I think the writers have a lot of pressure riding on them for next season. Amazing season and finale, but a lot of the show's future success is going to depend on how they handle the aftermath when the show comes back next fall.

So pleased that John Lithgow and Michael C. Hall got Golden Globe nominations. Both turned in amazing performances.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Meh, I wasn't too pleased with the season. Each episode just seemed like filler until the end. The last episode was allright, but I found myself not really caring about Rita.