User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Diablo 2 LoD expansion. For a game that doesn't change much and rarily has much to offer, it's surprisingly addictive and fun to play.
    make new chars and quit the pvm shit and it changes enough
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    make new chars and quit the pvm shit and it changes enough
    I kept it interesting by going hardcore myself. the PvP aspect of diablo never really pulled me.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Age of Empires I/II
    INTp (MBTI)
    LII (Socionics) but typed as ILI as well
    5 wing 6
    Ti > Ni > Si > Ne > Te > Fi > Se > Fe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I kept it interesting by going hardcore myself. the PvP aspect of diablo never really pulled me.
    no wonder if it gets boring if you pvm only, theres no challenge in pvm and hc is stupid because only way you can die is due to lag and when/if you die you lose the char. did you ever get bit more into pvp scene or did you just get owned and then gave up? it takes several years to really know the game
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    no wonder if it gets boring if you pvm only, theres no challenge in pvm and hc is stupid because only way you can die is due to lag and when/if you die you lose the char. did you ever get bit more into pvp scene or did you just get owned and then gave up? it takes several years to really know the game
    Never said it got boring. By the way. :p

And no, I didn't ever get owned, I just never really partook, except for hunting down pk players and such. :P

Hardcore isn't just about lag. It's a factor but the most interesting part is dealing with and countering pk's, as well as rolling non cookie cutter builds to get through hell difficulty. My favorite build is a singing barb. It's challenging and requires a lot of strategy. But sure, if all you do is rolling hammerdin's, even hardcore won't be interesting.

PvP is just about bugs and exploiting boring spammable skills from what I've seen. Chargedin for example. I really can't see how diablo pvp can be fun long term. I once made a level 9 pvp char with cow king stuff and such I remember. I played some duels with it for a day or so. Got bored.

I did play the game quite a bit though, had several level 90+ characters on HC ladder (All classes except sorc, disliked sorc playstyle) until I moved on to WoW.

What I meant with the addictive part of the game is that the game isn't that big at all, but just had a great replayability, mainly due to the item system and scarcity of items.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Fps:
    Action Quake 2 - Best multiplayer mod ever made, in my opinion. Based on quake 2 engine, but nothing like it. It's the fastest multiplayer first person shooter ever created. Houses deathmatches as well as teamplay. Next to WoW, this is the game I spent most time on. I hear there are still some servers active if you look hard enough.
    I'd go Quake Team Fortress. It was my teenage addiction, and only time I've ever been in a clan. Actually, I'm not sure when clans started becoming big, but that has to be one of earlier games. Was also responsible for the rocket and grenade jump, and maybe the birth of real over the internet teamplay in FPS. Pity there aren't any TF servers around still for the OP. I played Quake 2 a bit, but it never seemed as fast and natural as quake.

Other games I liked from that era would be:

Warlords III
    Warcraft II
    C&C

(slightly older)

X-Com
    Syndicate
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Adventure:
    Quest for Glory 4, best of the qfg series in my opinion, and best adventure ever to be made, first adventure to include well done voices. John-Rhys Davies as the narrator ftw! (If you have cd version at least).
    Thank goodness for another QfG fan. I only played the first four but was completely enamored by them, the sense of humor coupled with the ability to wring pathos (thinking specifically of Katrina and her story arc, I believe).

And yes, I played Doom(s), Quake(s), Need for Speed(s), Civilization(s), Tomb Raider(s), Black & White [the thrill of that game was training your avatar... especially if you went dark and sent the thing out to reap and pillage while all your little worshippers scattered screaming and begging for mercy... mua ha ha ha!]

Carmageddon? OMG... that game was a riot, it made me laugh so much.

WoW came in the 2000's.

I have to say that I think Tomb Raider has been massively overhyped and sometimes ruined at various spots of the franchise (nor do I enjoy the movies that much, they're just sort of... there... for me)... but the first two really moved me in ways other games had not up to that time, partly due to the gameplay but also the visual and musical ambiance. It was haunting and beautiful... and nothing beat that first time I was running through Lost World and the T-Rex loomed out of the mist and all I had was two little handguns and a shotgun... That wasn't done better until WoW redid the Lost World landscape even bigger and better, with the prerequisite devilsaur (?) stalking about.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Syberia (lovely art work)

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I really loved (love still, but overplayed it) masters of orion 2.

It should be easy to find as a torrent. You may need dos box or some fiddling to run it, depending on your version of windows.

diablo 2 is awesome too. Also heroes of might and magic III. I didn't like wc2 myself (prefer wc3) but many of my friends liked it a lot. same thing with heroes of might and magic II.

I'm tempted to check out some of the games listed here.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTx

Unless your computer is truly ancient you should be able to run old school (nes, snes, genesis) console emulators. Those can chew up tons of time, and you may find a gem you missed, or an old favorite to play through again.