• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I love Tori Amos

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I **adore** her. I just saw her in concert last night, and as usual, she didn't disappoint. She seemed much happier overall than she was when I saw her 4 yrs ago, and was really playful and *happy* onstage.

YAY. :party2: :) :wub: :party2:

I could probably become a groupie just because she seems to completely change her set list for every single performance... I loved last nights' concert, but when I look at some of the other show setlists for this tour, I get jealous - because basically I want to see her perform ALL 100+ of her songs.

Out of all of her songs last night...I think the treat for me was 'Jackie's Strength' being performed in her acoustic set. She did a beautiful rendition of it, and her vocal ability and *control* was really evident. Sigh.

Any other fans?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I **adore** her. I just saw her in concert last night, and as usual, she didn't disappoint. She seemed much happier overall than she was when I saw her 4 yrs ago, and was really playful and *happy* onstage.

YAY. :party2: :) :wub: :party2:

I could probably become a groupie just because she seems to completely change her set list for every single performance... I loved last nights' concert, but when I look at some of the other show setlists for this tour, I get jealous - because basically I want to see her perform ALL 100+ of her songs.

Out of all of her songs last night...I think the treat for me was 'Jackie's Strength' being performed in her acoustic set. She did a beautiful rendition of it, and her vocal ability and *control* was really evident. Sigh.

Any other fans?

Yup! Here I am! :hi:

Did she bring out the gun and knife? YouTube - Tori Amos - Me and A Gun

Tori never dissapoints. Glad you had a great time! :smile:

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I :wub: her, but I haven't seen her in concert since 1999ish. She was incredible then - easily one of my five favorite concerts.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did she bring out the gun and knife? YouTube - Tori Amos - Me and A Gun

Tori never dissapoints. Glad you had a great time! :smile:

Nope, didn't bring out the gun and knife, but she did sing Yo George, and she was acting out the lounge-singer type very dramatically, with a long blonde wig and smoking a cigarette as the show-opener....everyone loved it. Edit: She was being 'Isabel' from her concept of archetypes/'dolls'.

Sigh. I'd love to meet her and get to know her in person. I also want to see her in concert again. Now. :)

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What are the qualities you (anyone) likes best about her? What aspects of her music? Her personality?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What are the qualities you (anyone) likes best about her? What aspects of her music? Her personality?

Well, I have read her book that she co-wrote with another woman, that in essence is an autobiography/biography combined, so ever since reading that book I feel like I have a bit more of a glimpse into who she might be.

I like that she is complex. :) She seems to have a lot of layers, I like her creative process, I like how she's evolved as a person and artist over the years and seems to add to her knowledge/wisdom, and doesn't necessarily remain stagnant. She has been through a lot of emotional things, and has broken through all of those life struggles with new awareness, and hasn't been overpowered by them. Her pain has forged who she is, as has her happy moments in life, and she seems to recognize it for what it is, and doesn't necessarily run away from it but explores all the depths of human emotion and personalities. She seems to have a strong sense of self, and I like that she's 'real'. She seems fearless and confident, although I think that's come on over the years. And there is a bit of a humbleness to her, in how she approaches life and people. But she's strong too, and knows who she is and what she wants. And yet she also writes and seems to acknowledge that who/where she is today may not be where she is in the future -- that her autobiography will continue to unfold.

I guess when I read her book I resonated with a lot of it; I can't relate to all of her little eccentricities, especially regarding more of her spiritual self, and I'm definitely not dramatic and externally vibrant like she, but as a whole, I really felt I understood everything she wrote, and why she operates the way she does. Now, this certainly doesn't mean I'm anything close to Tori Amos...but I really connected with everything she wrote. I guess I connect with the emotional and intellectual side of her -->Perhaps her approach to life and individuality, even if our conclusions may differ.

Regarding her music, I have loved the evolution. The lyrics come from a deep place, and she experiments with vocal sounds and composition. She doesn't seem 'stuck' in a certain genre and wants to explore other areas. Truthfully, most people who like her first few albums haven't been able to follow into her subsequent ones with the same zeal. I can see that point; her first ones continue to hold a special place for me. Her fourth album, where she really broke into new sound/territory, I found very unappealing for the first yr or two. However, the fourth album is now a personal favorite of mine. And subsequent albums took some getting used to, but again I can appreciate each of them. Her 'Venus Orbiting' album is another favorite, and I love her most recent 9th album. Her 6th and 8th albums are probably overall my least favorite. I don't know...I just love the music, and she was classically trained in piano and vocals so I can appreciate that too.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ

I'm a big Tori Amos fan as well! I like that her music has a lot of layers and symbolism. I like that the lyrics are NOT straightforward and I can spend time analyzing them. I also like that they are open enough to interpretation so I can relate to them. I feel she captures emotion rather eloquently.