• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Facebook

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
High school friends or INTPc/MBTIc friends? If High School friends, I'd say too many, especially since in reality, I hated most of them. :jew:

Iunno, I meant to say I've about 20-30 people from MBTIc and INTPc, and if you're having half your friends as from there, it's a different half from mine. *puzzled*

I deeply hate the IM service that is now on facebook, which is why I rarely log in now. If I want to talk to someone they can call or e-mail me or use AIM or MSN. I'm not on facebook to suddenly be contacted when I'm least expecting it! :steam:

You're just saying you're popular and people add you.

Go invi on FB, select status not shown. I do that.

Unique

facebook:No annoying songs raping me when I look at someone's page I don't give a shit about what you ate last night or how you're feeling so I ignore those. Really the only reason I check facebook anymore is to see if anyone has written on my wall, which is rare but occasionally it happens. I maybe check facebook once a day I sometimes look through pictures.

Myspace:I don't like the layout, that simple. Also almost none of my friends use it, so I see no reason for it.

In all honesty I'd rather people just call then using those sites, I have a phone it works if you want to find out what I'm doing or if I have any plans just call, more then likely I'll make time for you. as with facebook it's not guaranteed I'll get your message until too late.

Listen to music and if you want you can turn auto play off

;)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't get this thing called Facebook but I've joined. Not too sure what the next step is, I mean if I'm not in contact with someone I used to know it's prolly for a reason *shrug*

MBTI Type
INTJ
So go invisible! Voila, no chat. That's what I do most of the time since usually FB is running in the background along with the forums and my email while I work and do other crap.

+1. I disabled Facebook chat. G-chat and Yahoo are more than enough.

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
In all honesty I'd rather people just call then using those sites, I have a phone it works if you want to find out what I'm doing or if I have any plans just call, more then likely I'll make time for you. as with facebook it's not guaranteed I'll get your message until too late.

I guess that's a matter of personal preference, then. I actually don't use the phone a lot, except maybe for texting. My friends and I communicate and make plans mainly through email, IM, facebook, etc. even if we live in the same city. I guess it's because they've sort of learned -- from experience -- that I absolutely loathe talking on the phone. :dry: :laugh:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I joined the group, though I'm not sure what its purpose is.

I actually like the facebook chat, since I'm on there more often than MSN so it's more convenient...the only thing I don't like is that I can't selectively block people (ie people I don't like) and on a related note, I can't pretend I'm away while talking to other people....I only initiate conversation with 2-3 people on there, ever.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I had to create a new group to reflect the recent site name change, so if you joined the MBTI Central Facebook group, you can now join the Typology Central Facebook group.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I guess I should say that even if you didn't join the MBTI Central Facebook group, you're still welcome to join the Typology Central one.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Lol...surprisingly (or perhaps not so surprisingly) every INTJ I have ever met says this same thing. We've had in-depth discussions about it too. *shrug* I still don't see why facebook = evil. You put what you want to put, and you can always keep your profile private and whatnot, so I see no problem.

Oh well, I guess that just means that I actually have to call my INTJ friends instead of leaving them silly messages on facebook...because Lord knows those INTJ's will never call me! And yet, I still love INTJ's anyway :hug:

LOL, one of my INTJ friends has said he thinks Facebook is the devil :)

I'm on it though, and I met one of my really good friends, also INTJ, on it too :tongue10:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
facebook = evil.

True. I really don't DARE to make an account. Just last week a friend of mine showed me a nude pic of me that is on another account on facebook (I had no recollection whatsoever that there was a camera in that party), so if I had an account, I bet they would link them to my page and ... what do you know, the next thing my grandmom sees stuff like that.. It's not like I am ashamed of what I do, but I still don't think that someone born in the thirties would appreciate it. And how the hell would I ever get a job if all the strangest stuff anyone ever saw me doing was so easy to find?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had to create a new group to reflect the recent site name change, so if you joined the MBTI Central Facebook group, you can now join the Typology Central Facebook group.

Couldn't you just edit the name?

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
True. I really don't DARE to make an account. Just last week a friend of mine showed me a nude pic of me that is on another account on facebook (I had no recollection whatsoever that there was a camera in that party), so if I had an account, I bet they would link them to my page and ... what do you know, the next thing my grandmom sees stuff like that.. It's not like I am ashamed of what I do, but I still don't think that someone born in the thirties would appreciate it. And how the hell would I ever get a job if all the strangest stuff anyone ever saw me doing was so easy to find?

Yes! I know people have some pics of me in their accounts that I wish they hadn't, my sister has seen it.. well not nude(there won't be any, as far as my drunk memories go), but in situations that happened long ago and that I wish to put behind me. And I believe they know that. Especially a "friend" I haven't even seen/talked to in more than 3 years. Why in hell do people do that? It can't be that amusing. That's because his girlfriend will never be over me. Fucker, I always do my best to be tactful about other people's business, me having issues with them or not.

My grandma was born in the 30's and she's totally open-minded, in fact when I was younger she would even try to start those awkward sex conversations with me. Geez... my mom is the uptight one. :nerd:

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Im using it to try and find old co-workers because Im unemployed and have not been that good keeping a good network over well forever. I think that it might be helpful in such ways, there are other sites for that, I know, but it might be a okay way of getting to recreate a workrelated network. I use it to stay in touch with friends and accquantances aswell I think its good like that. But Im not sure how much I'll really use it seen at a long perspective.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
And I believe they know that. Especially a "friend" I haven't even seen/talked to in more than 3 years. Why in hell do people do that? It can't be that amusing. That's because his girlfriend will never be over me. Fucker, I always do my best to be tactful about other people's business, me having issues with them or not.

Wow, that is really awkward... I wasn't even thinking about the people that might want to make me look bad. Man, cameras are POWER these days...

But, if some of my drunk pictures would see the daylight, I'd probably just laugh at them. I just feel really uncomfortable that anyone could find them at one place... And, there is a distortion there that does not reflect who I am. I mean, no one will take a picture when I am lying on the sofa reading, but someone will take a picture when I am running around with my genitalia censored only by some duct tape. So... what kind of picture will people have of me?! Damn, if I can make it any harder for them to have, I will. It is UNNATURAL that all of my acquaintances knows ALL that I do. I think I own the right to decide who sees the lunatic side of me.

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
Wow, that is really awkward... I wasn't even thinking about the people that might want to make me look bad.
Yeah... I got you weren't, I just meant to draw an analogy with my case.
Man, cameras are POWER these days...
I think so too, I sort of miss the old days when people were allowed to do all sorts of crazy shit and there wouldn't be anyone by the perimeter taking pictures/recording with their cellphones just to kill their boredness out their minds or whatever reason...
I don't have any secretive shameful habits, but nonetheless overall I think it's better to avoid getting judged in the open by a lot of possibly narrowminded people. I do know people with many sorts of unfortunate(imo) stubborn views about life and society, and I have had my share of holy crusades against them. Nowadays I'm happy not dealing with this unless it's absolutely necessary.

But, if some of my drunk pictures would see the daylight, I'd probably just laugh at them. I just feel really uncomfortable that anyone could find them at one place... And, there is a distortion there that does not reflect who I am. I mean, no one will take a picture when I am lying on the sofa reading, but someone will take a picture when I am running around with my genitalia censored only by some duct tape. So... what kind of picture will people have of me?! Damn, if I can make it any harder for them to have, I will. It is UNNATURAL that all of my acquaintances knows ALL that I do. I think I own the right to decide who sees the lunatic side of me.

Yeah, the drunk goofness alone doesn't bother me much, it's kind of funny, though I don't even drink anymore(I've embraced all the healthy habits) and disassociating myself with the party animal stereotype entirely would be desirable. But I don't regret it at all either, I'm glad I've done all the things I've done :D
Long story there, but there are some aggravating background things to few of my pics besides the party time protocol stuff:laugh:... and those bother me quite a bit, since they could arguably give a distorted impression of what was going on, seeming I was gathered with pretty wasted people sniffin coke. I don't have any problem whatsoever with illegal drugs, but I don't do them and that's not the kind of thing you need people such as your mostly catholic extended family or a conservative rightwing religious new boss (of an overall great job) to ever wonder about you. Even more if he's already not all pleased with your long hair and your apparent metalhead pose.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Long story there, but there are some aggravating background things to few of my pics besides the party time protocol stuff:laugh:... and those bother me quite a bit, since they could arguably give a distorted impression of what was going on, seeming I was gathered with pretty wasted people sniffin coke. I don't have any problem whatsoever with illegal drugs, but I don't do them and that's not the kind of thing you need people such as your mostly catholic extended family or a conservative rightwing religious new boss (of an overall great job) to ever wonder about you. Even more if he's already not all pleased with your long hair and your apparent metalhead pose.

I think that this youtube/facebook era we are living will eventually change the rigidness with many things. I mean, think about politics. If you find one detail of any politician that connects him with some shady characters, its over for him. But, in the future, only something like 20 years from now, everyone has SOMETHING online about them. Then they can't just find one photo and kick you out. We will have less black-and-white world... Unfortunately, it's not just yet...