• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Facebook

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a facebook but prefer not to use it. (if it wasnt for a few friends id delete the sucker) I much prefer myspace... myspace you can customize better and you can listen to and add all kinds of different music.

Hah...in my opinion, that's the best thing about Facebook compared to MySpace. The two most annoying things about MySpace were people who designed unreadable layouts that make your eyes hurt and people that added songs to their profile so you got assaulted with their music while checking them out.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I deeply hate the IM service that is now on facebook, which is why I rarely log in now. If I want to talk to someone they can call or e-mail me or use AIM or MSN. I'm not on facebook to suddenly be contacted when I'm least expecting it! :steam:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Hah...in my opinion, that's the best thing about Facebook compared to MySpace. The two most annoying things about MySpace were people who designed unreadable layouts that make your eyes hurt and people that added songs to their profile so you got assaulted with their music while checking them out.

+1 I usually find songs on myspace profiles to be way too loud, especially when I have headphones on. It'll be nice if the music doesn't automatically start, but they don't do that.

I have profiles on both, but nowadays I only use facebook... speaking of which, we need more people to join the MBTIc group!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well, have you stalked people down and sent invitations? some of us don't ever actually look up groups to join! :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I deeply hate the IM service that is now on facebook, which is why I rarely log in now. If I want to talk to someone they can call or e-mail me or use AIM or MSN. I'm not on facebook to suddenly be contacted when I'm least expecting it! :steam:

So go invisible! Voila, no chat. That's what I do most of the time since usually FB is running in the background along with the forums and my email while I work and do other crap.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
What?!? More work for me? Fine...

all the things ENTPs ended up conning me to do

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: I'm actually a bit shy when it comes to the whole befriending and joining thing on either facebook or the forum- I have never befriended anyone :blush:

whatever is too much of a moocher...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Huh huh. Jeffster used a stool sample for his FB profile pic.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I liked facebook a lot for a while, but now find it boring. I mean how much of, "Susan is going to the bathroom", "Susan is now peeing", "Susan is wiping with TP" can a person take? I also took my super religious next door neighbor off my friends list because she just doesn't belong there.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
^ You use Twitter for that...

Facebook is good for checking up on people once in a while and in organizing meetings etc.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I liked facebook a lot for a while, but now find it boring. I mean how much of, "Susan is going to the bathroom", "Susan is now peeing", "Susan is wiping with TP" can a person take? I also took my super religious next door neighbor off my friends list because she just doesn't belong there.

Yeah.. that Susan, I had to take her off my friends list too.

Unique

+1 I usually find songs on myspace profiles to be way too loud, especially when I have headphones on. It'll be nice if the music doesn't automatically start, but they don't do that.

I have profiles on both, but nowadays I only use facebook... speaking of which, we need more people to join the MBTIc group!

Just tick the option for other peoples music not to start automatically that way you can read the title first and see if you want to take a listen.

Myspace = fun
Facebook = stalker-ish

Unique

myspace=annoying
facebook=hmmm annoying still but better than myspace.

Facebook:

See everyones last name (yay?)
Run by a weird guy who has no idea how to make money out of the damn thing so he tried to run spyware (which isn't around now but still)
Get informed about every little thing you are your "friends" are doing. am I the only one that finds this strange?
Get poked, hugged, thrown strawberries at. not annoying?
Boring and every page looks the same

Myspace:
Make your own layout (and with profile 2.0 is even easier)
Use html if you want... if you don't want to theres 2.0
Listen to music and if you want you can turn auto play off
Loads of great music to choose from
Run by professionals who know how to profit from the site
Don't get informed about stupid things but you get to see when someone adds a photo or something useful
Simple and clean all the editor stuff is in the one spot so you're not confused

Also please note that its your friends making unreadable annoying profiles, not myspace ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
facebook:No annoying songs raping me when I look at someone's page I don't give a shit about what you ate last night or how you're feeling so I ignore those. Really the only reason I check facebook anymore is to see if anyone has written on my wall, which is rare but occasionally it happens. I maybe check facebook once a day I sometimes look through pictures.

Myspace:I don't like the layout, that simple. Also almost none of my friends use it, so I see no reason for it.

In all honesty I'd rather people just call then using those sites, I have a phone it works if you want to find out what I'm doing or if I have any plans just call, more then likely I'll make time for you. as with facebook it's not guaranteed I'll get your message until too late.