User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Thread: Facebook

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have one. Started an account initially so I could get an idea of who my roommates were and contact them. Over the years I've gone back to just using e-mails, and I suspect that after I graduate, I'll delete the account as I have little use for it.

I'm not too keen on the whole thing. Mostly because within a week of making an account, every freaking person I ever said "Hi" to in highschool started trying to add me as a friend. A lot of them I just forgot about and still have no emotional connection with them. I even think I should go back and delete half the people I did decide to accept on a whim because I never contact them and they never contact me.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

/sigh/ Yes.

But it only causes me trouble as it allows people to contact me.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

violaine

No. I've been avoiding getting one but have to for the professional networking aspect. I am loathe to have one. If I could just have work contacts as friends that would be best. I know it won't work out that way. Hehe my sister has an account so any people I knew from school get in touch with me via her, she hates that!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

yes. find me people
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Yeppers. Search for "Edahn." I'll add you, no problem. I'll add anyone. *spreads legs*
    And you'll get to see 412 photos of Edahn! (Seriously - dude likes his photo album. )

Similar to what someone else said, I joined because someone wanted me to see their vacation photos, and you can't see anything if you're not a "friend". I've played around with it a bit, but can't say I've gotten terribly into it. But I get an email every two minutes or so from the "Compare Friends" app, telling me my friends think I'm nice, funny, and cool, but that I'm not adventurous or hard working. Same email every time.

I was surprised to find that there's a group for INTP Central with 993 members. And no group for MBTI Central. But there is an MBTI interest group called "Jung is Cool and Freud's a Tool".
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

Yup, and I keep up on the banal minutia of everyone else's status updates via News Feed. Just trying to become more ambiently aware of you, that's all.

I just joined a group called, "If Light Yagami had Facebook, We'd All be Dead!"
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Yes, I have an account. It's helpful for reconvening with the scores of people you've met over the years. Some play inter-account games. I never did.

Then I found Wrestler.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, man. It's better than having to talk to everyone on the phone. Plus, I'm in college now, so it's good for keeping up with people at school that I see in person on a regular basis - homework, arranging meet-ups, whatever.

I guess we need an affiliated mbtic group, eh.

Default Freud or Jung?

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    But there is an MBTI interest group called "Jung is Cool and Freud's a Tool".
    In fact Jung was a NAZI collaborator and Freud was a Jew.

And the MBTI interest group is covertly carrying on Jung's interest in reification.

Jung was emotionally sick as well as actively evil.

But Jung was on the losing side of WW II, so it has been necessary to import his poisonous ideas covertly through MBTI.

And look how successful MBTI is - showing that the market for fascism is alive and well. And that the intoxication of fascism is preferred to the sober analysis of the psyche.

It was Freud who gave us the sober analysis of the psyche. And it was Jung who followed the intoxication of fascism.

So, Freud or Jung?

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm on Facebook.