User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: Facebook

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes, I have one.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm afraid I have one, as well. (If anyone wants to add me, go ahead...I can use the extra zombie points! )

It's much less "scene" than MySpace (i.e. fewer bisexual vampires), but it's also much less inhabited.

(And not to have a mall police mentality, but why is this in Arts and Entertainment? Shouldn't this be in Relationships?)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it should be titled "stalkernet"!

MBTI
    INTJ

I think it's quite good. I can play Risk with my high school buddies again. I can come into contact with ignorant fools refusing to have functioning blogs, phones, msn, icq, aim or skype. I can easily click the option to ignore all requests and invitations from all the morons I never speak to. It's just another tool for communication, one geared toward students. Now what about the downsides?

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    1) Reconnecting to people I didn't stay connected with. If I wanted to be your friend, I would not have ignored you for the better part of a decade.

2) Connecting to people I barely know. I don't know you and I have no interest in knowing you.

3) Poke someone else... please. If you want to say something, just message me! What? Too lazy to do that? Then poke yourself in your eye.

4) Friends who don't keep in touch but update their profile. Your social network is not a blog. Keep in touch. Seriously.
    These answers aren't directed specificly to you ptgatsby, I just thought you summed up the common critisism in a good way.

1) So what, just ignore em. However, if youre not there to use it as a communication tool, I can't see what you would do there at all. And if you're there for a reason I can't see why you would deny the opportunity to build a network, after all: they do it for you and you don't have to give them any info or time (more than the accept-click).
    2) Well, why would you have to? But if you actually are in the process of getting to know them you can use facebook as a tool to further your evil plans.
    3) Yeah. But they can easily be ignored. There is a function for ignoring them.
    4) Don't see it as your social network. See it as any old network. And utilize it.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I do.

It's actually pretty useful.

What me and my friends do sometimes is take pictures of notes on the overhead in class, and upload them onto facebook...among other things. It's certainly better than myspace. I think. The apps are starting to gross me out though.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I'm not particularly comfortable with people I associate with in person knowing how and what I think, let alone a bunch of random people on the Internet.

And just to prevent wiseacres from responding with "What about this message board?": On MBTIc I discuss what I think about specific topics. Beyond that I keep me to me. That I'm perfectly comfortable with.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I've obviously missed some vital piece of this Facebook phenomena. I've kept my own blog site for the better part of this year and I much prefer the format of having somewhere to put my thoughts in a design of my choosing than providing a wall for everyone I know and half a billion I don't to sling their videos, pictures and general detritus at.

Maybe it's an extroverts thing? God knows extroverts needed something on the internet better formatted to their preferences. This of course does not mean that just because I keep getting invited onto facebook by extroverts that I'm going to even grace it with a response.

Facebook = Bah humbug
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yep, I got sucked into it. Not by choice, but I had to create an account to view all of the photos on one of my best friends' accounts.....and now I like it.

Not for the networking part, but I LOVE their photo album functionality, so it's going to become my official website, and I'll ditch my extremely crappy geocities one.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Alright, I was just curious. Thanks for the input!

I have an account there, and it was REALLY useful in reconnecting me to my classmates in Northern Ireland, and keeping me connected to my Canadians.

I agree about the viral application garbage. It's obnoxious, and I just ignore what I don't want.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTJ

It's fine, it's really practical to get back in touch with old buddies. I like the idea and go there from time to time.