Thread: Facebook

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I gotta bad vibe at the start. The first person ever to invite me as a friend>>She knew many things about me yet i knew nothing of her.

Great place to find information to assist in stalking someone though.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

violaine

I hate the idea of anyone being able to find out information about me or easily keep track of me/look over my shoulder. I hate the idea of being accountable to anyone in that way. I do think it is useful for networking. But I like my privacy too much, so no FB for me.

Lasting_Pain

I use to have a Facebook but I deactivated my account after I was bombarded by friend requests, group invites, and other pointless things that come from joining a social community.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I guess I have a Facebook account, if I could remember how to get to it.

I fail to see the point of these social networking sites, except for people who already know each other. Therefore, I do see the "social" aspect of them, but not the "networking" aspect, as you don't really "meet" anyone new on these sites, but rather just share pictures etc. with people you already know. (It seems - or maybe just not me 'cause I'm an introvert? ) Forums such as this one seem like much more of a "networking" system than Myspace or Facebook do. Especially with the new vBulletin features such as friends, blogs, and albums for forums, I fail to see the point of sites such as Facebook or Myspace anymore. I feel they are already outmoded and have been replaced by things like Twitter (or Tweeter, or whatever the name of that fad that will last another 12 seconds is), Youtube, and whatever new thing the kiddies are Googling that we don't even know about yet but that some 15 year-old working out of his parent's garage will sell on the stock market for 1 billion...

<-- is more than over Internet fads; yet, is moving every zig for great justice!
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

I have a facebook.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    ...I fail to see the point of these social networking sites, except for people who already know each other. Therefore, I do see the "social" aspect of them, but not the "networking" aspect, as you don't really "meet" anyone new on these sites, but rather just share pictures etc. with people you already know...
    I think it is useful for freelancers. I have a friend who works in film/T.V. who gets a lot of work through facebook. He uses it primarily for work.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Facebook freaks the shit outta me... I completely disappeared when I was 20 and didn't resurface till a couple years ago. Then MySpace and Facebook came along and there were all these people I went to school with (some I met in kindergarden) and here we are, all grown up, exposing the world to the choices we've made. It's fascinating to catch a glimpse of their lives, but often disturbing as well. I don't really know these people, they don't really know me, and if we really did know each other, we'd realize why we haven't spoken in 15 years.

The wierdest thing about Facebook, as opposed to MySpace, is that you can delete your account and then sign back in later on and everything comes back, like it never happened. I delete my account on a weekly basis. I should probably delete it again before I go to bed...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I just found the 'Typology Center' on Facebook, and applied to join..but I have to be accepted?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I just found the 'Typology Center' on Facebook, and applied to join..but I have to be accepted?
    yes. i'm sure you'll be accepted.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I just joined it too.