User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Trainspotting. When the loser heroin addicts who were so self absorbed lay around high while the baby crawled to his death. I literally ran out of my house. I think I was trying to run away from the horror of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
    Trainspotting. When the loser heroin addicts who were so self absorbed lay around high while the baby crawled to his death. I literally ran out of my house. I think I was trying to run away from the horror of that.
    While it is ridiculously disturbing, I'd still say it's a pretty good movie. It delivers an effective message, the scenes and cinematography are good, and Ewan McGregor with his Scottish accent is to die for

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    God forbid we attribute that film to the French though; they would never make something that terrible...
    I really hope so!

---

But you know, I always expect the worst, especially from my peers.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

He's Just Not That Into You
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Well, that's rather weird!

When I've read the title of this thread, I've immediately thought to this movie too.

When I saw it, I actually quitted the cinema in the middle of the film show.

Although, I do not think it's exactly for the same reasons as Peguy. You know, INFJs and ENTPs aren't exactly similar, even if we often reach the same conclusions through different ways.

I just found this movie "too stupid and dumb to bother wasting the remaining hour on it". But I have to admit too that my initial reaction was linked to a kind of embarrassment and discomfort. Not because of sexual allusions (for instance, I consider "SalÚ o le 120 giornate di Sodoma" to be a great movie, or Edgar to be a subtle clown), but because a movie like "American Pie" just made my level of confidence in humanity drop. It made me sad, that's the truth, but not in a creative way.

A very disturbing feeling, if there even was one.
    It may come as a pleasant surprise to you that my perspective is very similar to yours. Sure, I have moral objections to many of the sexual themes of the film, but that's hardly my main problem with the film. It's just too stupid to bother watching.

God forbid we attribute that film to the French though; they would never make something that terrible...
    I don't pretend to be an expert on French film, but I will say that I really enjoyed the film adaptation of Emila Zola's novel Germinal, concerning a miners' strike in 19th century France. Then were was Indochine, which is about a romance during the French colonial period in Indochina. And East/West, which takes place after WWII where a Russian emigre returns home with his French wife and they struggle to survive under the Soviet system.

Oh yes, and I can't possibly forget the few scenes I've seen of Passion de Jeanne d'Arc, which is considered one of the finest film performances of all time.

Sniffles

Oh yes, I really must make a mention for the one version of Kanal I watched. It's a Polish film about the Warsaw Uprising of 1944.

Yeah, you'd think I'd really enjoyed this since it's a WWII film. Well....I didn't. Sure the first 30 minutes are great, but after that it's complete shit(at least the version I saw). In order to escape from the German army, Polish fighters decide to hide in the sewers. Once that happens, it's nothing but a blank screen with dialogue for the next hour or so.

*hmmmn....apparently the version uploaded on youtube is much better in quality; so don't hold me to this*

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The Passion of the Christ

I'm never watching a Christian snuff film again.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Uma was hot but The Avengers sucked.

True Lies
    Big Mommas House
    American Pie movies

and many more.....

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Really good movies are fun. Really bad movies are fun too.

It's the boring movies that I dislike the most. Bad boring actors, slow storyline, no plots. Basicly documentaries about stuff that doesn't interest me...
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I was cringing the entire movie, some if was kind of funny. I have issues with movies where the only point of the humor is to embarrass and/or shock people. Granted, if the situations were real (and I doubt they were) then the people deserve to have their true colors shown. But overall the movie was painful for me to watch. At the end I wanted a medal .
    I demanded payment for waching the movie with my mom. Meatloaf was worthy cause.

How could the actor keep on acting? I would have exploded with laughter at every sceen. A skill worthy of recognition.