User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    oooh- I just saw (and really hated) Funny People!

It was NOT funny, it seemed not to really have a unifying plot and it was WAY too long

TOTALLY misnamed!
    I quite liked it. Sure, it's a bit long-winded dramedy with some decent actors who don't have much material to play with. And I am glad I didn't have to watch it in a movie theatre.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    A curious perspective from someone representing a movie that would have been completely unremarkable and ignored were it not for the genders of the characters and the goodwill that this fact garnered in the entertainment community.

Personally, I really liked Crash.
    No way, Ang Lee directed. It was beautiful to watch.

And you can't ignore the homosexuality, that's what drove the friction of the entire movie. That's like saying Guess Who's Coming to Dinner would be completely unremarkable if Sidney Poitier were white. Well yeah, there wouldn't be much of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    No way, Ang Lee directed. It was beautiful to watch.

And you can't ignore the homosexuality, that's what drove the friction of the entire movie. That's like saying Guess Who's Coming to Dinner would be completely unremarkable if Sidney Poitier were white. Well yeah, there wouldn't be much of a movie.
    You may have a point in the comparison to "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner". But I remain convinced that a large portion of the movie's acclaim was politically rather than artistically motivated. You only need look at the last ten years' worth of Best Documentary winners to know that this happens.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTp

Apart from the obvious titles I thought Funny Games U.S. was pretty damn bad.
    Just because I didn't like a movie doesn't necessarily mean I would give it a really low rating but with FGUS I couldn't find any reason at all to rate it higher than 1* (scale 0.5* to 5*)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I detested that movie with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson.
    Oh my God, that one with Keanu Reeves? What the hell was it called? I just googled their names...it's Something's Gotta Give. Seriously, that's one of the most terrible films I've seen in my entire life. And I've seen Plan 9 from Outer Space. And A Good Year. And Domino.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh my God, that one with Keanu Reeves? What the hell was it called? I just googled their names...it's Something's Gotta Give. Seriously, that's one of the most terrible films I've seen in my entire life. And I've seen Plan 9 from Outer Space. And A Good Year. And Domino.
    *smooches* Oh, Orangey! We must watch tv and movies together always. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone liked that movie. And it was a pretty big hit, as I recall.

(Though you have to see Plan 9 with the Rifftrax if possible.)
    Something Witty

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

My mother loved Something's gotta give! Especially because "it proves that older women can be beautiful too!" (WTF?! My mother isn't 60 yet!). She watched it about 3 times. I never really knew what she liked about it so much. The characters didn't really feel like real people to me. I couldn't relate to any of them!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, Mr. Creosote scene.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I had one in which a character vomiting (from taking drugs) made me faint (as I made my way out of the room, didn't get far). I don't remember which movie, the scene was in a car.
    INtj | 9w1

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, Mr. Creosote scene.
    You don't like THIS SCENE?! I think it's funny.

[YOUTUBE="BlK62rjQWLk"]Mr. Creosote[/YOUTUBE]
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.