User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Sparta, not Athens. Besides pointing to Sparta as a model for Republican inspiration goes back to the when this country was founded, and was a theme of the Enlightenment in general - especially with Rousseau.
    yeh I mean Sparta, sorry.

It's true of course that the superiority of "the west" is a fundamenta myth to our socieities. It's interesting how Hollywood post-911 took this up in a very specific way though.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Shrek.
    Yeah I never got the Hype about Shrek. He was just one ongoing discusting fart joke. If I ever could murder a cartoon it would be a Shrek.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

A lot of the movies mentioned are stupid, but if they give all indication of being stupid, I can't really get all that upset by them. The ones that really make me want to retch are the well-reviewed, pedigreed movies or classics that I just don't think are very good at all. Some examples:

Lord of the Rings
    Fight Club
    The Wizard of Oz
    8 1/2
    Mullholland Drive
    The Thin Red Line
    Fahrenheit 9/11
    Zorba the Greek
    The Big Lebowski
    Amelie
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    It's true of course that the superiority of "the west" is a fundamenta myth to our socieities.
    That's true of any society really.

It's interesting how Hollywood post-911 took this up in a very specific way though.
    Actually I disagree in many respects.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    A lot of the movies mentioned are stupid, but if they give all indication of being stupid, I can't really get all that upset by them. The ones that really make me want to retch are the well-reviewed, pedigreed movies or classics that I just don't think are very good at all. Some examples:

Lord of the Rings
    Fight Club
    The Wizard of Oz
    8 1/2
    Mullholland Drive
    The Thin Red Line
    Fahrenheit 9/11
    Zorba the Greek
    The Big Lebowski
    Amelie
    You've got to be kidding about Amelie. Seriously, though.

MBTI
    STFU

got dragged to see poo moon. worst movie ever made. killed any future interest i could ever have in vampire films.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

FigerPuppet

The High School Musical trilogy. People older than 12 who like those movies should kill themselves for the greater good.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    The High School Musical trilogy. People older than 12 who like those movies should kill themselves for the greater good.
    Younger siblings or a sadistic girlfriend?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    +1
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Nights in Rodanthe was surely vomit inducing with its insipid saturation in sugary schmaltz. I cannot believe I have admitted to submitting a few hours of my life to this tripe.