User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Drinks most fitting each dichotomy?

Hi folks!

We're gonna have a tour de chambre in our dorm and I'm thinking of having an MBTI theme. When entering my room the guests will be given a sheet of paper with four commands like: Be extremely outgoing but shallow, Only talk in specifics and question all correlations, Motivate everything you do out loud in the terms of values and feelings, Improvise everything - don't even plan your next sentence!

And then that could be played out for a couple of minutes while everyone drinks the drinks I've given them. Eventually I'll add a few intrigue pointers to make things easier to talk about, like for example giving the ESFP character above some headlines from the latest gossip-magazines to reenact.

But I have a thought that the drinks should be type specific as well. So that I have eight ingredients and I give two to each dichotomy. I was thinking of making it a bit symbolic: having an energy drink for all extraverts and a health drink for all introverts, symbolizing that E have to get their energy from outside but I must build it within. An ice cube is added to all T drinks for clarity of reason and a chili to all F drinks for the heat of ideals.

I was having trouble figuring out good S/N and J/P ingredients though. One idea for for the S/N case would be to have the sensors taste something that could be taken at face value, like a liqueur, while the intuitives are given something which requires more connections to be made, like a wine. But maybe that suggestion is too affected by my prejudices against sensors?

What do you think are good ingredients for the dichotomies? Any thoughts on what intrigue points to give each type? I was thinking of using the archetypes here The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant to give a good starting position.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Here are my ideas for types:

ESFJ: Bottled Water
    ISFJ: Iced Tea
    ESTJ: Coffee
    ISTJ: Hot Tea

ESFP: Kool-Aid
    ISFP: Capri-Sun
    ESTP: Beer
    ISTP: Cola

ENFJ: Wine
    INFJ: Diet Cola
    ENFP: Chocolate Milk
    INFP: Hot Chocolate

ENTJ: Ale
    INTJ: Soy Milk
    ENTP: Bubble Tea
    INTP: Whole Milk

MBTI
    INTJ

Good enough. Just a few points.

What's the difference between chocolate milk and hot chocolate?
    Are Capri-Sun, Kool-Aid and Bubble Tea avaliable in any swedish stores?
    Do you also find ENTP's p be asses?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Chocolate milk is cold milk with chocolate added. Substitute 'hot' for cold and you have the definition of hot chocolate.

I like amaretto sours! Sounds goofy enough for enfps!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Punggung View Post
    What's the difference between chocolate milk and hot chocolate?
    Chocolate milk is made by taking regular milk, and simply mixing in some Chocolate syrup with a spoon.

Hot Chocolate is made by mixing hot chocolate powder (like Swiss Miss or Nestle's) with hot water.
    Are Capri-Sun, Kool-Aid and Bubble Tea avaliable in any swedish stores?
    Capri-Sun is only distributed in the US, UK, and Germany... sorry.

Kool-Aid... is US only.

I guess you'll need replacements for those two.

Bubble Tea is available in Sweden. The only place I found that explicitly mentions Sweden is some franchise called Chill Bubble Tea, but many other distributors claim to be "worldwide."
    Do you also find ENTP's p be asses?
    A lot of them are asses, actually, but I've known a few who weren't.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Chocolate milk is made by taking regular milk, and simply mixing in some Chocolate syrup with a spoon.

Hot Chocolate is made by mixing hot chocolate powder (like Swiss Miss or Nestle's) with hot water.
    You can also make hot chocolate by melting bittersweet chocolate in slightly scalded milk on the stove. You can also make Ovaltine hot chocolate by warming the milk.

A lot of them are asses, actually, but I've known a few who weren't.
    I happen to like ENTPs for the most part. Does that make me a freak?

MBTI
    INTJ

Damn, so liqueurs aren't S... Going by athenians suggestions the main S/N difference would be between playful uppers and intoxicating milks. I wonder why. Maybe sensors are more into practical useage, like having fun drinking it or getting a real benefit from it.

I drink many things. green tea, white tea, coffee, water, wine, wine, beer, wine, beer, wine, tom collins, wine, wine, cheap beer, wine, cheap beer, white tea, orange juice, kiwi pulped in grape juice, wine, wine, wine, cava, wine, beer, champagne, wine.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Punggung View Post
    Going by athenians suggestions the main S/N difference would be between playful uppers and intoxicating milks.
    Intoxicating milks = A Clockwork Orange

I don't think there's any connection between type and drinks - in fact it's possibly the silliest link thread I've seen so far - but I do like chocolate milk.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, I forgot that I just wanted symbols, not a real connection. These systems are tricky things, always sucking you in. But no I think I'll go back to simple symbols of the dichotomies now, after all it's just for a game.

So,

energy/health = E/I
    spice/chill = F/T
    bubbly wine/regular wine = S/N
    sprinkles+straw/fancy fruits = P/J

Yey!