• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drinks most fitting each dichotomy?

Punggung

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hi folks!

We're gonna have a tour de chambre in our dorm and I'm thinking of having an MBTI theme. When entering my room the guests will be given a sheet of paper with four commands like: Be extremely outgoing but shallow, Only talk in specifics and question all correlations, Motivate everything you do out loud in the terms of values and feelings, Improvise everything - don't even plan your next sentence!

And then that could be played out for a couple of minutes while everyone drinks the drinks I've given them. Eventually I'll add a few intrigue pointers to make things easier to talk about, like for example giving the ESFP character above some headlines from the latest gossip-magazines to reenact.

But I have a thought that the drinks should be type specific as well. So that I have eight ingredients and I give two to each dichotomy. I was thinking of making it a bit symbolic: having an energy drink for all extraverts and a health drink for all introverts, symbolizing that E have to get their energy from outside but I must build it within. An ice cube is added to all T drinks for clarity of reason and a chili to all F drinks for the heat of ideals.

I was having trouble figuring out good S/N and J/P ingredients though. One idea for for the S/N case would be to have the sensors taste something that could be taken at face value, like a liqueur, while the intuitives are given something which requires more connections to be made, like a wine. But maybe that suggestion is too affected by my prejudices against sensors?

What do you think are good ingredients for the dichotomies? Any thoughts on what intrigue points to give each type? I was thinking of using the archetypes here The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant to give a good starting position.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Here are my ideas for types:

ESFJ: Bottled Water
ISFJ: Iced Tea
ESTJ: Coffee
ISTJ: Hot Tea

ESFP: Kool-Aid
ISFP: Capri-Sun
ESTP: Beer
ISTP: Cola

ENFJ: Wine
INFJ: Diet Cola
ENFP: Chocolate Milk
INFP: Hot Chocolate

ENTJ: Ale
INTJ: Soy Milk
ENTP: Bubble Tea
INTP: Whole Milk

Punggung

MBTI Type
INTJ
Good enough. Just a few points.

What's the difference between chocolate milk and hot chocolate?
Are Capri-Sun, Kool-Aid and Bubble Tea avaliable in any swedish stores?
Do you also find ENTP's på be asses?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Chocolate milk is cold milk with chocolate added. Substitute 'hot' for cold and you have the definition of hot chocolate. :tongue:

I like amaretto sours! Sounds goofy enough for enfps!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What's the difference between chocolate milk and hot chocolate?

Chocolate milk is made by taking regular milk, and simply mixing in some Chocolate syrup with a spoon.

Hot Chocolate is made by mixing hot chocolate powder (like Swiss Miss or Nestle's) with hot water.
Are Capri-Sun, Kool-Aid and Bubble Tea avaliable in any swedish stores?

Capri-Sun is only distributed in the US, UK, and Germany... sorry. :(

Kool-Aid... is US only.

I guess you'll need replacements for those two.

Bubble Tea is available in Sweden. The only place I found that explicitly mentions Sweden is some franchise called Chill Bubble Tea, but many other distributors claim to be "worldwide."
Do you also find ENTP's på be asses?

A lot of them are asses, actually, but I've known a few who weren't.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Chocolate milk is made by taking regular milk, and simply mixing in some Chocolate syrup with a spoon.

Hot Chocolate is made by mixing hot chocolate powder (like Swiss Miss or Nestle's) with hot water.

You can also make hot chocolate by melting bittersweet chocolate in slightly scalded milk on the stove. You can also make Ovaltine hot chocolate by warming the milk.

A lot of them are asses, actually, but I've known a few who weren't.

I happen to like ENTPs for the most part. Does that make me a freak?

Punggung

MBTI Type
INTJ
Damn, so liqueurs aren't S... Going by athenians suggestions the main S/N difference would be between playful uppers and intoxicating milks. I wonder why. Maybe sensors are more into practical useage, like having fun drinking it or getting a real benefit from it.

LEGERdeMAIN

I drink many things. green tea, white tea, coffee, water, wine, wine, beer, wine, beer, wine, tom collins, wine, wine, cheap beer, wine, cheap beer, white tea, orange juice, kiwi pulped in grape juice, wine, wine, wine, cava, wine, beer, champagne, wine.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Going by athenians suggestions the main S/N difference would be between playful uppers and intoxicating milks.

Intoxicating milks = A Clockwork Orange :devil:

I don't think there's any connection between type and drinks - in fact it's possibly the silliest link thread I've seen so far - but I do like chocolate milk.

Punggung

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I forgot that I just wanted symbols, not a real connection. These systems are tricky things, always sucking you in. But no I think I'll go back to simple symbols of the dichotomies now, after all it's just for a game.

So,

energy/health = E/I
spice/chill = F/T
bubbly wine/regular wine = S/N
sprinkles+straw/fancy fruits = P/J

Yey!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So...for ENFP spiced chai tea would be good, because it has spice(F) and energy(E).

For the record, I freakin' love bubble tea and haven't had it much since I left the West coast. This makes me bummed.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You can also make hot chocolate by melting bittersweet chocolate in slightly scalded milk on the stove. You can also make Ovaltine hot chocolate by warming the milk.

I happen to like ENTPs for the most part. Does that make me a freak?

vaaaarhm.. ovahhltine? (young frankenstein)

PS marmalade can have hot chocolate parties anytime with me! that's the way to do it. when it comes to hot chocolate, water is not welcome in my book.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yeah, I forgot that I just wanted symbols, not a real connection. These systems are tricky things, always sucking you in. But no I think I'll go back to simple symbols of the dichotomies now, after all it's just for a game.

So,

energy/health = E/I
spice/chill = F/T
bubbly wine/regular wine = S/N
sprinkles+straw/fancy fruits = P/J

Yey!

I am like the exact opposite of my type when it comes to drinks, then. I don't like energy drinks AT ALL, and I prefer still drinks to bubbly (usually). What does spice/chill mean?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
lol @ how this thread turned into a discussion on how to make hot chocolate

Punggung

MBTI Type
INTJ
I usually mix a teaspoon of sugar and cacao in a big plastic bowl, and then pour on a cup of milk. Mix, micro and pour in cup. Preferably one with an inward slope of the brim so that it spills harder when I take on the long walk to my room.

I am like the exact opposite of my type when it comes to drinks, then. I don't like energy drinks AT ALL, and I prefer still drinks to bubbly (usually). What does spice/chill mean?

Spice would be a little chili fruit you put in the drink. Chill is an ice cube.

But yeah, I guess these types wouldn't say anything about your real drink preferences. I wonder though, would you think is a nice touch to the roleplay to have type-specific drinks, or shall I just make a standard stuff like mixing soy milk and rum and add some lime flakes?

Not really. ;)

I like most of them myself. They're mostly SMARTasses, not just regular asses (I forgot to mention that). And those are the best kind.

Reason I asked was that several INFJ friends had recently been badly treated by an ENTP in a typical ENTP provocation-for-its-own-sake-with-no-end-in-sight manner. Of course I don't care about such behaviour for my own sake, but leave others be!

I'll try not to have any wine, beer or cheap beer in the drink though, that we'll already have from other sources.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Let's see, my favorite drinks would be orange juice, coca cola, hot peppermint tea (with honey), sparkling cranberry juice, and hot English tea (prepared with all the fixins. Is that what you call them?).

I really doubt that has anything to do with type though.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I had my first bubble tea recently and I thought it was really strange. My kids drank it until they got to the bubbles and then were sort of grossed out.