• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

<New> Super Mario Bros. Wii

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
this game fucking rocks.
i'm guessing that you either agree or disagree.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I Have not played. I'd really like to though. It's first game to give me some interest in the Wii, or the Mario series since 64.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
it's barely even a wii game.
you play it just like the NES games.

heads up though: the physics are irritating as shit.
i like being in control of things and a lot of the time... you're not.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
it's barely even a wii game.
you play it just like the NES games.

heads up though: the physics are irritating as shit.
i like being in control of things and a lot of the time... you're not.

That makes it sound like the Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy level off Yoshi's Island.

I need to get this game. But I'm finishing other games at the moment.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I just got a wii a few days before Thanksgiving. This is a game I'm going to pick up in a few months if I don't get it for Christmas.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought it was a great game. Apparently, all it took was bringing back the original Koopa kids and airship levels to make me a fan.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Touch me, get dizzy? :huh: wtf? I bathed!

All that to say, I'm really looking forward to this; feels like it's gonna be a great piece of Wiiwear.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Can someone tell me how to know the difference between the <new> mario game and an old one? I don't want to order an "old" one by mistake if I go to pick up the game.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Can someone tell me how to know the difference between the <new> mario game and an old one? I don't want to order an "old" one by mistake if I go to pick up the game.
The "old" one was released in 1985 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The "New" Super Mario Bros. is more-or-less an updated version, with assorted improvements, released for the Nintendo Wii.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Check the expiration date.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
That sounds very very sexy.

I actually googled 'new mario' - is this the one? YouTube - New Super Mario Bros. Wii Mini Run - 3-Castle
Yeah, I think that's it. The only reason I'm not sure is because there's also a version for the Nintendo DS that came out about two years ago called New Super Mario Bros which is basically the same game.

Also, I hear that this is the first Mario game since the 1983 Super Mario Bros. Arcade game to feature simultaneous multiplayer gameplay.