User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Default How do you play your RPGs!!

How do you develop your character in an RPG? For me, I like to level the main character to max level and just kill everything in one hit.

I did this with Final Fantasy III when i got to level 64 before the opera house when the normal level was only level 15 I believe. Also, I was level 99 before reaching the second world which caused all your character you get to be level 99 lol...

So, how do you develop your character in an RPG.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I like to level everyone up to the max, but I usually have my favorites. In the FF games I have 3-4 faves that I use primarily, but I still like to level everybody up completely to see what new powers and weapons they get. I usually have everybody leveled up before the end of the game because I'm so perfectionistic when it comes to uncovering all the secrets that I'll just scout the whole game forwards and backwards, and by the time this is done, all my characters are pretty much maxed out. You just have to have the discipline to switch out the good characters for the shitty ones when the time comes, so everyone gets their fair chance to level up. In my opinion, you've not completed an RPG until you've uncovered all the secrets and completely maxed out your characters, but I'm kind of neurotic about the whole ordeal. But god I love RPGs. Have you played FFXII yet? I've yet to get around to it still, but I heard it's cool.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I like to level everyone up to the max, but I usually have my favorites. In the FF games I have 3-4 faves that I use primarily, but I still like to level everybody up completely to see what new powers and weapons they get. I usually have everybody leveled up before the end of the game because I'm so perfectionistic when it comes to uncovering all the secrets that I'll just scout the whole game forwards and backwards, and by the time this is done, all my characters are pretty much maxed out. You just have to have the discipline to switch out the good characters for the shitty ones when the time comes, so everyone gets their fair chance to level up. In my opinion, you've not completed an RPG until you've uncovered all the secrets and completely maxed out your characters, but I'm kind of neurotic about the whole ordeal. But god I love RPGs. Have you played FFXII yet? I've yet to get around to it still, but I heard it's cool.
    I played FFXII, but never finished it. I thought it was the worst Final Fantasy. Ok, maybe my wording isn't correct, its a well made game but I would fall asleep playing it for some reason. I'm waiting for FFXIII to come out, it's going to be awesome...i hope.

Permabanned

im always taking risks..getting myself killed :S

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

How would you get rid of a ant infestation?

A. Do it yourself
    B. Call for help
    C. Nuke!!

Answer: C, I like using nuke to kill ants.

Permabanned

a nuke to kill ants is inefficient i would just use spray.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I'd coat myself with the right pheromones, make friends with all the little anties, and then nicely redirect them to my belligerent neighbor's house.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    a nuke to kill ants is inefficient i would just use spray.
    It's efficient in a way that there would be no ants in that hill for a while....as well as anything else for that matter.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Depends on the RPG. In Final Fantasy kinds of games I like to be the best I can in that moment, get all of the best stuff. I'm less concerned about levels unless there is a good spell that's coming up.

In games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion I like to get the best things that I can get ASAP. In Fallout 3 I had the Deathclaw Gauntlet at level 3 (one of the things that I specialized in was unarmed and Endurance/Strength, so do the math ), and I wasn't even at GNR. Things pretty much got flattened, lol. I also look up how to get various weapons very early, and I do that (I got the Alien Blaster after I got the Deathclaw Gaunlet, so that I could kill the Yao Guai that one shot me on the way to getting the blaster). I did a glitch to get the power armor at level 1 and a follower at level 1.

I guess I'm basically about good gear and getting more stuff.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    It's efficient in a way that there would be no ants in that hill for a while....as well as anything else for that matter.
    that's true I played way too much fallout 3....