• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drag Me to Hell

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Haha, this movie was pretty good. Best horror film that I've seen in a long time, and that says a lot.

The end was priceless. I never laughed so hard in my life.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, that movie was horrible. Absolutely terrible. It wasn't even Good Bad.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Oh come on, she must have been vomited on like 50 times.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm glad I'm not the only one. A friend convinced me that I just had to see this movie because it was so scary. I don't get it. I didn't jump once, and I was so prepared to be shitting bricks of fear. I laughed at that underground parking lot brawl though. That was the best part of the movie. That old woman wouldn't quit!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think that I liked it because I was with a group of 5 friends in a really ghetto theater. With a bunch of ghetto people cussing at each other and commenting on the movie. We were the only white people in there. xD And we were laughing the whole time because of the atmosphere I believe.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Im a huge Sam Raimi fan, even though I think spider man was horrible I mostly think so cause of the actors not his directing.

I loved Drag Me To Hell, I thought it was pure genius. And for those of you who didnt like it you probably saw it with the expectations that it was suppose to be terrifying. It wasnt, it was done in the same style as the Evil Dead series. Yeah it contained horror in it but in the end it was more of a comedy. Partly serious but at the same time poking fun at those old black and white horror movies.

And if you dont like the Evil Dead series then I hope you do get dragged to hell for you have no taste.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I loved Drag Me To Hell, I thought it was pure genius. And for those of you who didnt like it you probably saw it with the expectations that it was suppose to be terrifying. It wasnt, it was done in the same style as the Evil Dead series. Yeah it contained horror in it but in the end it was more of a comedy. Partly serious but at the same time poking fun at those old black and white horror movies.
THIS. Exactly. :yes: I loved the movie and, yes, the ending had me laughing so hard. The movie was definitely one of the good ones of the year. :) It was supposed to be campy.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hexis is right, it's a good movie but it's not really a horror film. If you're familiar with the Evil Dead movies and Army of Darkness you'll recognize a lot of things that were carried over in to this movie.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP

Thanks for the heads-up, I know what to expect now. If I remember correctly, the commercials were probably responsible for the misapprehension that many people have; the previews did not mesh with the over-the-top title at all.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
If I remember correctly, the commercials were probably responsible for the misapprehension that many people have; the previews did not mesh with the over-the-top title at all.
Basically the same problem people had with "The Village". It actually was a very good movie (in the drama suspense category), but everyone said it sucked because it was marketed as a horror film and that's what they expected.

Perhaps people should start basing their opinions of movie on the actual movie and not what category it was filed under or perhaps these movies should just be categorized/promoted correctly. :) "Scream" wasn't a horror film either. It was written as a comedy poking fun at slasher films, but because of the amount of blood it was slapped with the "horror" label.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I LOVED this movie. And not in an ironic bad way. It's one of the best horror movies I've seen. It was scary, but the interesting thing was that it was scarier to listen to than to watch. Instead of the cliched "covering your eyes" reaction, you wanted to cover your ears. The sound was phenomenal. Sam Raimi has a way of making things work that have no business working.

EDIT: I should add that I'm not generally a fan of horror movies. I think 90% of them suck, because they're either not scary or they're just dumb.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
I've been trying to convince people this movie was awesome since I saw it. It got a 95% on Rottne Tomatoes, which is saying something.