• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What camera do you have?

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
What camera do you use? I have:

An old canon 35mm bought ages ago when I needed a camera quick.
A canon ixus 7.5 - so I could take quick shots without using my SLR
A Nikon compact - so I didn't have to worry about losing my ixus :blush:if Im likely to be drunk or camping etc.
And a canon SLR AE-1 - love it but gears have broken...

Looking into a new digital SLR either canon 50d, 5d mkII or nikon d300. Current thoughts are, 50d is great for action sports, 5d is better for wider and studio work but pricey. Not sure about the nikon, but the compact I have is pretty good, so I'm considering.

Include what you use it for. Lately just use my compacts for walkabouts. Looking forward to a new SLR.

Include some shots if you can. I can't load anything up as I also need a new computer. Yes it all broke at once bizzarely, along with my backed up harddrive. Nay mind will have new toys in a couple of months.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Bump.

Surely we have some photographers here...

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Bump.

Surely we have some photographers here...

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Yep. I use a 500d now.. was previously on the 300d. Canon SLR's are good, I find.

here's the most recent shot I think I uploaded to Flickr with it.

4107037951_2dabe3d71a_b.jpg

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Good work. Excellant framing and positioning, leads the eye nicely.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have two 1952 Agfa Isolettes ( I and II ), two 1982 Minolta x370's , a 1970's 35 mm a friend sent me from Adelaide, AU ( haven't opened it up yet ).

I'll put up a picture soon. :)

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I have two 1952 Agfa Isolettes ( I and II ),

hot.
i love the look of larger format cameras with finer grain. all that visual information packed into a photograph. i don't have the patience for it, which is maybe why i appreciate it so much.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Just sold my Nikon D90, picked up one of these (Polaroid Land model 150) for 7$ at Goodwill, finding film has been difficult but not impossible thanks to Ebay.

20091128-nyc158i31mg25stuyb5f6h3he7.jpg

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Looking into a new digital SLR either canon 50d, 5d mkII or nikon d300. Current thoughts are, 50d is great for action sports, 5d is better for wider and studio work but pricey.

no point of buying 50d imo, its basicly the same as 40d, but costs more. if you want a good action camera, buy used 1d mkII or mkIII(if you got budget of 5d mkII), theyr way better for portraits and studio work too than some 1.5 or 1.6 crop camera, not to mention the af and fps thats superior to toy cameras like 50d if you shoot action. If you want full frame buy used 5d or if you got more money then 5d mkII or nikon d700.

I got 1d mkIII, eos 300(film) and hasselblad 500c/m

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Casio EX FC100, I like it 'cause it's has HD, shoots up to 1000fps, and it's compact.

I'll get a DSLR as soon as I can afford one, but I'm happy with this. I'd love to mess with astrophotography and low light shots.

<--- Was shot with a Canon Powershot SD300. I'm a photography and I make the best out of any equiptment. So... :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
I just got a Canon S90 two weeks ago and I'm thrilled with it. I was trying to decide between a basic SLR or a point and shoot with manual controls. It came down to the fact that I know I won't lug an SLR anywhere and would wind up taking a lot less pictures. I made the right decision. The S90 takes excellent pictures, especially in low light.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just sold my Nikon D90, picked up one of these (Polaroid Land model 150) for 7$ at Goodwill, finding film has been difficult but not impossible thanks to Ebay.

Oh awesome Polaroid! Didn't Andy Warhol use a Land Model? I think they only made those for a few years. I have a Polaroid 250 - it's the size of a cinder block when the camera is open. :D

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hot.
i love the look of larger format cameras with finer grain. all that visual information packed into a photograph. i don't have the patience for it, which is maybe why i appreciate it so much.

It was a challenge trying to get the hang of it, especially since I don't have a range finder. :| I had to use the light meter in my Minolta, and a yard stick to measure out distance. lol But the medium format film is so gorgeous when you do it right. Very gratifying to get the results.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
This is fantastic. I love old cameras, looking into a Polaroid. A Scandinavian duo have been making film as Polaroid have stopped. Same with a lot other films - hard to get hold of. I have a feeling it will become like vinyl and always be available. And digital definately has it's own diverse qualities across the cameras.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
no point of buying 50d imo, its basicly the same as 40d, but costs more. if you want a good action camera, buy used 1d mkII or mkIII(if you got budget of 5d mkII), theyr way better for portraits and studio work too than some 1.5 or 1.6 crop camera, not to mention the af and fps thats superior to toy cameras like 50d if you shoot action. If you want full frame buy used 5d or if you got more money then 5d mkII or nikon d700.

I got 1d mkIII, eos 300(film) and hasselblad 500c/m

I hear you but they are a lot more expensive and that money could be spent on lenses. Unless someone is pro I don't see the need for such a good camera when the other models are more than adequate. It just isn't justifiable. Hassleblads are sweet. On the canons, the new 60d is out soon but will be called a 7d. So I'm tempted to hold out for that...

Just noticed the bold. The 50d is hardly a toy camera it is used by pros and superior in fast sports photography. In the right hands any camera is capable of amazing shots.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Panasonic Lumix LX3. I call it my pocket SLR. It does most stuff I want more than adequately.

Like others I'm looking to get a DSLR when I have some more money. Pretty interested in where I stop looking at improving the camera and start looking at improving the lenses. Sensor size seems to be a big factor in DSLR.

Sample Photo

Last edited:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
On the canons, the new 60d is out soon but will be called a 7d. So I'm tempted to hold out for that...

Just noticed the bold. The 50d is hardly a toy camera it is used by pros and superior in fast sports photography. In the right hands any camera is capable of amazing shots.

7d has been out for some time and its not same as 60d. 7d is 1.6 crop sensor camera allso, but its more of a pro camera than xxd series. it has the same crappy af system tho, so its not much better for sports thsn xxd series, but crop is good for macroing allso. when that 60d comes out, it will be priced about same as 1d mkII or 5d bought used, and im 100% sure that it wont be nearly as good. you might even get used 5d at the price they sell new 50d body only atm and 50d isnt eny better than 40d.. price of used 5d here is around 800-1200€ depending how much its shot and where you buy it, 1d mkII is around 1000-1200€. 50d costs 800-900€ new.

50d isnt used by pros, some wedding photographers might use xxd series camera as backup body, but every pro knows that there is no point of buying a 50d because you can get basicly the same thing cheaper or better one(5d) used for the same price. af on 50d is pretty poor, so its not superior in fast sports, actually its pretty crap in fast sports. only reason why its better for sports than 5d is the small sensor size that allows you to use larger aperature without background blurring so much and changes 200mm lens to 320mm, so you wont need to buy so long lens and 300mm 2.8 lens costs like hell and you cant get 300mm with f/2.8 on other than prime lens, but 70-200 2.8 costs like hell too, unless you buy sigma or tamron, but they have crappy as, so they wont do well in fast sports enyway..

what comes to that eny camera is capable in the right hands, its partly true, but all cameras wont make it in eny situations, like in fast sports you really need the af of the 1d series, if you dont want to miss most of the shots. allso these small sensor cameras have the small sensor that restrics you on what kind of shots you can get.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I use wife's Kodak point and shoots and prosumer models for family and casual shots.

For mostly landscape photography, I have:

Pentax 35 mm ZX5N
41Z4XJ11XDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Shen-Hao 4x5
274.jpg

(I didn't take these photos)

I haven't done much photography lately. I've just enjoyed being out in nature instead of laboring to capture it. :) My avatar is one of my 35 mm images.

unicorns

I'll only shoot digital. I own a nikon d40 and a mess of small point and shoots for out and about.