User Tag List

First 123 Last

I just got a Canon S90 two weeks ago and I'm thrilled with it. I was trying to decide between a basic SLR or a point and shoot with manual controls. It came down to the fact that I know I won't lug an SLR anywhere and would wind up taking a lot less pictures. I made the right decision. The S90 takes excellent pictures, especially in low light.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Canon SD1000, I think?!?

I dunno, I love it, though....

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselephant View Post
    Just sold my Nikon D90, picked up one of these (Polaroid Land model 150) for 7$ at Goodwill, finding film has been difficult but not impossible thanks to Ebay.

Oh awesome Polaroid! Didn't Andy Warhol use a Land Model? I think they only made those for a few years. I have a Polaroid 250 - it's the size of a cinder block when the camera is open.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    hot.
    i love the look of larger format cameras with finer grain. all that visual information packed into a photograph. i don't have the patience for it, which is maybe why i appreciate it so much.
    It was a challenge trying to get the hang of it, especially since I don't have a range finder. :| I had to use the light meter in my Minolta, and a yard stick to measure out distance. lol But the medium format film is so gorgeous when you do it right. Very gratifying to get the results.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

This is fantastic. I love old cameras, looking into a Polaroid. A Scandinavian duo have been making film as Polaroid have stopped. Same with a lot other films - hard to get hold of. I have a feeling it will become like vinyl and always be available. And digital definately has it's own diverse qualities across the cameras.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    no point of buying 50d imo, its basicly the same as 40d, but costs more. if you want a good action camera, buy used 1d mkII or mkIII(if you got budget of 5d mkII), theyr way better for portraits and studio work too than some 1.5 or 1.6 crop camera, not to mention the af and fps thats superior to toy cameras like 50d if you shoot action. If you want full frame buy used 5d or if you got more money then 5d mkII or nikon d700.

I got 1d mkIII, eos 300(film) and hasselblad 500c/m
    I hear you but they are a lot more expensive and that money could be spent on lenses. Unless someone is pro I don't see the need for such a good camera when the other models are more than adequate. It just isn't justifiable. Hassleblads are sweet. On the canons, the new 60d is out soon but will be called a 7d. So I'm tempted to hold out for that...

Just noticed the bold. The 50d is hardly a toy camera it is used by pros and superior in fast sports photography. In the right hands any camera is capable of amazing shots.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Panasonic Lumix LX3. I call it my pocket SLR. It does most stuff I want more than adequately.

Like others I'm looking to get a DSLR when I have some more money. Pretty interested in where I stop looking at improving the camera and start looking at improving the lenses. Sensor size seems to be a big factor in DSLR.

Sample Photo
    Last edited by BlueScreen; 11-30-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: got other LX3 photos around on the board but another sample of its awesomeness doesn't hurt :)
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    On the canons, the new 60d is out soon but will be called a 7d. So I'm tempted to hold out for that...

Just noticed the bold. The 50d is hardly a toy camera it is used by pros and superior in fast sports photography. In the right hands any camera is capable of amazing shots.
    7d has been out for some time and its not same as 60d. 7d is 1.6 crop sensor camera allso, but its more of a pro camera than xxd series. it has the same crappy af system tho, so its not much better for sports thsn xxd series, but crop is good for macroing allso. when that 60d comes out, it will be priced about same as 1d mkII or 5d bought used, and im 100% sure that it wont be nearly as good. you might even get used 5d at the price they sell new 50d body only atm and 50d isnt eny better than 40d.. price of used 5d here is around 800-1200 depending how much its shot and where you buy it, 1d mkII is around 1000-1200. 50d costs 800-900 new.

50d isnt used by pros, some wedding photographers might use xxd series camera as backup body, but every pro knows that there is no point of buying a 50d because you can get basicly the same thing cheaper or better one(5d) used for the same price. af on 50d is pretty poor, so its not superior in fast sports, actually its pretty crap in fast sports. only reason why its better for sports than 5d is the small sensor size that allows you to use larger aperature without background blurring so much and changes 200mm lens to 320mm, so you wont need to buy so long lens and 300mm 2.8 lens costs like hell and you cant get 300mm with f/2.8 on other than prime lens, but 70-200 2.8 costs like hell too, unless you buy sigma or tamron, but they have crappy as, so they wont do well in fast sports enyway..

what comes to that eny camera is capable in the right hands, its partly true, but all cameras wont make it in eny situations, like in fast sports you really need the af of the 1d series, if you dont want to miss most of the shots. allso these small sensor cameras have the small sensor that restrics you on what kind of shots you can get.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I use wife's Kodak point and shoots and prosumer models for family and casual shots.

For mostly landscape photography, I have:

Pentax 35 mm ZX5N

Shen-Hao 4x5

(I didn't take these photos)

I haven't done much photography lately. I've just enjoyed being out in nature instead of laboring to capture it. My avatar is one of my 35 mm images.

I'll only shoot digital. I own a nikon d40 and a mess of small point and shoots for out and about.