ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Panic! At the Disco

I think they're completely underrated.

Discuss.

Be warned that I won't take your opinion seriously if you haven't listened to both of their albums from beginning to end.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I won't deny that they probs have a unique artistic edge, which is respectable, because there are so many 'clone' bands these days,

But personally, I'm not a fan. Only because I'm not into that kind of music.

Nonetheless, I think I'll agree with you.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    But personally, I'm not a fan. Only because I'm not into that kind of music.
    Well, what I find interesting about them is that their two albums are so different. It's one of the qualities I admire about them as a band, they collectively seem to have a great deal of actual musical talent.

Their two albums both also flow together cohesively like a story, it isn't just a bunch of singles that happen to be slapped together on the same CD.

Of course I'm really a sucker for the use of classical instruments like piano and violin which they incorporate into some of their songs, and just the whole slightly experimental feel of some of the album tracks.

However, I know that music is a personal thing and different people like different things. The fact that I happen to love the sound of Brendon Urie's voice, for example, or that I think the titles of the songs on their first album are amusing, is purely subjective. I don't really have a "type" of music - my taste in music is pretty ecclectic. I've just seen Panic! at the Disco unfairly dismissed as another "emo" band, and the comparisons to Fall Out Boy make me cringe.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i can hear good music even if i wouldnt personally like it and i think this band is a piece of pop poop. they simply doesent have what a good band needs. i can understand if some people who like what they say, like the emo sound and doesent look music in so critical way likes it.

sorry but im going to have to laugh at you a little

do you mean musical talent as good at playing instruments and writing good original music or something totally else? i only heard theyr hit songs + few randoms and based on them, they sound like some mediocre high-school band what comes to playing instruments and seriously if you would listen more of real music instead pop like this you would notice that the band has nearly nothing original in them

sorry again for being honest, i think ill run away so i wont get slapped
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESFJ

Pretty much every song I've ever heard from them except "Nine in the Afternoon" has been awful. The singer has no idea how to sing properly. As Mike Myers would say, he puts "the emPHAsis on the wrong sylLABle." He is like a faggy young Bruce Springsteen, trying to fit twice as many words into a song as it should have. The songcraft is generally shoddy, too. They add studio flourishes rather than writing strong hooks, and the guitar sound is muddy and indistinct. The finished product is a bunch of shrieking, pseudo-literary crap.

P.S. They also have some of the worst song titles of any band in history.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i can hear good music even if i wouldnt personally like it and i think this band is a piece of pop poop. they simply doesent have what a good band needs. i can understand if some people who like what they say, like the emo sound and doesent look music in so critical way likes it.

sorry but im going to have to laugh at you a little

do you mean musical talent as good at playing instruments and writing good original music or something totally else? i only heard theyr hit songs + few randoms and based on them, they sound like some mediocre high-school band what comes to playing instruments and seriously if you would listen more of real music instead pop like this you would notice that the band has nearly nothing original in them

sorry again for being honest, i think ill run away so i wont get slapped
    If you're going to laugh at me based purely on hearing their radio hits out of context of their albums, your opinion is totally disregarded.

Brendon Urie plays like seven different instruments.

I listen to lots of real music. It's my turn to laugh at you: my dad was a progressive jazz musician! I went to his concerts in utero! I also play the piano and took ballet for eleven years, so I'm quite familiar with classical music.

I listen rock, pop, blue grass, jazz, you name it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Pretty much every song I've ever heard from them except "Nine in the Afternoon" has been awful. The singer has no idea how to sing properly. As Mike Myers would say, he puts "the emPHAsis on the wrong sylLABle." He is like a faggy young Bruce Springsteen, trying to fit twice as many words into a song as it should have. The songcraft is generally shoddy, too. They add studio flourishes rather than writing strong hooks, and the guitar sound is muddy and indistinct. The finished product is a bunch of shrieking, pseudo-literary crap.

P.S. They also have some of the worst song titles of any band in history.
    I take it you think guys in eye liner are "faggy"? I think it's hot. But that's got nothing to do with their music.

I also think the song titles are GREAT and I love Brendon's voice, and I already stated how subjective that is so I won't argue with you.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I take it you think guys in eye liner are "faggy"? I think it's hot. But that's got nothing to do with their music.
    No, eyeliner is fine. David Bowie, Marc Bolan, Brett Anderson, Boy George. . . some of my favorite male vocalists. Brendon Urie is faggy because he just whines and shrieks. He doesn't even make it interesting like Brian Molko.

I also think the song titles are GREAT and I love Brendon's voice, and I already stated how subjective that is so I won't argue with you.
    The song titles are long, pretentious, and vapid. You can love his singing all you like, but it's not very good. The voice itself isn't bad, but it's over the top and stylized in all the wrong ways.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    No, eyeliner is fine. David Bowie, Marc Bolan, Brett Anderson, Boy George. . . some of my favorite male vocalists. Brendon Urie is faggy because he just whines and shrieks. He doesn't even make it interesting like Brian Molko.

The song titles are long, pretentious, and vapid. You can love his singing all you like, but it's not very good. The voice itself isn't bad, but it's over the top and stylized in all the wrong ways.
    There's a good reason why these tables are numbered honey, you just haven't thought of it yet.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    There's a good reason why these tables are numbered honey, you just haven't thought of it yet.
    Yeah, that's a good example of a terrible song title. In fact, the chances of a song with a title like "There's a Good Reason Why These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of It Yet" being any good are practically nil.