• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFL

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
And THIS is why I want the Patriots to beat the Giants, and why I hate living in "Giants and/or Jets country".

/grumble

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
They are, but as crazy as it sounds, I don't think that's a very good reason. They've had several close calls, and they've all been in the second half of the season. They're on a downward trend and the Giants are in an upward trend. The more games the Patriots play, the more likely it is that one of these times things won't go their way and they won't be able to pull it off in the end. For instance, would you expect them to be able to win 30 in a row? 25? If not, then you have to concede that the longer their streak gets, the closer they get to a loss.
I would like to preface my response by stating that I know next to nothing in regards to football specifically, but will in its stead, try to apply my limited knowledge of statitistics to project whether or not the patriots will win the Super Bowl.

Yes, yes, of course the longer their streak gets, the more likely the possibility that they will eventually lose. But the fact that they've consistently been on this winning streak should go to show that something about this team specifically, and idependent of luck, is responsible for their wins. Whether it be due to the mastery of their coaches, the sheer talent of certain team members, or, on a more broader scale, the ability of each team member to work cooperatively and successfully as a team whole, is up to the experts to decide. But all in all, given their pristine record, this team must be a force to be reckoned with, and thus, a difficult one to beat. *But yeah, I agree with you that just because they happen to be undefeated, doesn't necessarily mean that they're in fact unbeatable.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
And THIS is why I want the Patriots to beat the Giants, and why I hate living in "Giants and/or Jets country".
/grumble
Yeah. I don't like that kind of journalism either.

What's the deal with this?
"The Pats' 18-0 record is marred by the "Spygate" incident last September, when the team was caught videotaping the New York Jets' hand signals. Since then, The Post has noted the Pats' record with an asterisk for cheating - and the rest of the nation's media has followed."

So now they're only undefeated because they cheated? That stinks.

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
So now they're only undefeated because they cheated? That stinks.

They're actually really "lucky" they got busted in week one instead of say week 12 of the season or a lot of people would be calling for an * if not forfeit.

I like the Pats by 20. No, I'm not giving anyone 20 but my guess is we're in for another snooze of a Super Bowl.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm hoping it's going to be a high scoring game cause I really don't understand anything about football except touchdowns and interceptions.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm hoping it's going to be a high scoring game cause I really don't understand anything about football except touchdowns and interceptions.
What do you mean, the other aspects of the game don't excite you?

Spartan

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think Pats will win by 10.

On another note, I would much more rather like to see a defensive game. I think the level of domination is much greater when you win 20-0 instead of 40-20.

Besides I am a Bears fan and I watched the 85 Super Bowl many times. The Bears had one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen in 85. They won the Super Bowl 52-10.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think Pats will win by 10.

On another note, I would much more rather like to see a defensive game. I think the level of domination is much greater when you win 20-0 instead of 40-20.

Besides I am a Bears fan and I watched the 85 Super Bowl many times. The Bears had one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen in 85. They won the Super Bowl 52-10.

I see a Pats victory too, maybe something like 27-17. A game that stays close on the scoreboard but always sort of feels like it's in the Pats' control.

And not to nitpick, but the Bears won that game 46-10.

Spartan

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I see a Pats victory too, maybe something like 27-17. A game that stays close on the scoreboard but always sort of feels like it's in the Pats' control.

And not to nitpick, but the Bears won that game 46-10.

ah your right. thanks for the correction.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Why are they playing the game so late?

And who is the half-time entertainment?

And who is singing the National Anthem?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Okay so I have a thread about my Sox so here is one about the NFL. As far as my team (The New England Patriots A.K.A. The Juggernaut) we have a date with Colts this weekend which should be the game of the year. What are your teams doing?

I'm reminded of the 3rd rock from the sun episode where they are trying to understand the NFL.. the summary was : it's homo-erotic, and if you are good enough at it you get to do a dance on your own little dancefloor.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think it is any later than last year, kickoff for that game was around 6:30EST. I could be mistaken though. Not sure on the national anthem, but Tom Petty is this year's halftime act.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think it is more the fact that they are fairly certain he won't expose his boob as the finale. That would be rather humorous though if he did.
That's hardly a reason to choose someone whose career is so old, I can't even think of one hit song they had.

I wish people would lay off Janet Jackson. It was an accident. A horrendously embarrassing accident.
But there will always be naysayers and cynics who always have to believe the worst about everybody. :rolli:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Super Bowl is freakishly long due to the halftime show.

Over 4 hours.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
So they expect people to stay out or up until 11 PM or later partying when they have to go to work the next day?!
Why don't they start it an hour or two earlier?!
Let's start a petition!