• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFL

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Boston fans are worse than Yankee fans, and that's saying something.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
That's right. ALL New Englander fans are jerks. There's not one nice one in all creation. :sarcastic:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's right. ALL New Englander fans are jerks. There's not one nice one in all creation.
A big mass of them are.

I think they prefer being cursed by the Bambino.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well, meet a Red Sox fan who is glad that stupid superstition is over. :reaches out to shake hand:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Has anyone else watched any of the combine on the NFL Network? I will watch anything about football. Anything. And I find the combine simply unwatchable. It makes watching paint dry feel like a roller coaster ride. If I can't watch this, who the hell can?

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
We don't have the NFL network down here in NC on Time Warner Cable. Funny story. The 24hr gym I go to has it (guess they have dish). I forget what game it was but remember it being a good one I wanted to watch. So I went to work out at 9:00 at night. There wasn't a soul there in the whole gym except for this pocket of maybe 15 guys all on the treadmills/ellipticals in front of that tv. :steam: One guy was walking on a treadmill and I swear he wasn't taking but one step a minute.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Boston fans are worse than Yankee fans, and that's saying something.

It's the same thing as old money vs. new money. Old money knows how to conduct itself.

We don't have the NFL network down here in NC on Time Warner Cable. Funny story. The 24hr gym I go to has it (guess they have dish). I forget what game it was but remember it being a good one I wanted to watch. So I went to work out at 9:00 at night. There wasn't a soul there in the whole gym except for this pocket of maybe 15 guys all on the treadmills/ellipticals in front of that tv. :steam: One guy was walking on a treadmill and I swear he wasn't taking but one step a minute.

Hah. I bet I could have some fun with those guys.

MBTI Type
INTJ
LOL!!! Yankee fans knowing how to conduct themselves?!?!?! LOL!!! They sure are classy.

YouTube - Red Sox fan ventures though Yankee Stadium bleachers

Well, in comparison :) Trust me, I have no love for Yankee fans. I'm from Philadelphia so I pretty much hate every city because they've all beaten us at something. I went to Game 3 of the 1998 World Series in San Diego with a Yankee fan. I feared for my life, because I knew that if her mouth got her in a fight, it would be getting ME into a fight.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Well, in comparison :) Trust me, I have no love for Yankee fans. I'm from Philadelphia so I pretty much hate every city because they've all beaten us at something. I went to Game 3 of the 1998 World Series in San Diego with a Yankee fan. I feared for my life, because I knew that if her mouth got her in a fight, it would be getting ME into a fight.

Not that I am saying that Boston fans are nice because we all know that we aren't. Personally I think that the worse fans are Philly Fans (sorry nothing personal against you) fallowed closely by New York fans and Boston fans. But at the same time what makes us some of the worst fans is also the reason why we are some of the best; Passion.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Not that I am saying that Boston fans are nice because we all know that we aren't. Personally I think that the worse fans are Philly Fans (sorry nothing personal against you) fallowed closely by New York fans and Boston fans. But at the same time what makes us some of the worst fans is also the reason why we are some of the best; Passion.

To the last part: Agreed. Now that I live in Los Angeles I know that passion is always better than apathy even if it comes out poorly sometimes.

I should note that I think Boston fans were fine before the last five or six years...it was all the winning that did it. They're not violent or anything, I just think they wonder why everyone isn't as happy about their teams as they are. The Pats in 2001 and the Sox anytime before 2004 were sentimental favorites, and I think the Boston fan psyche can't understand why everyone isn't still pulling for them as the little underdog that could. I imagine the same thing would happen to Chicago fans if the Cubs ever won the World Series. (Like that's ever going to happen!) Yankee fans are different. They're more of the "everyone who doesn't live in New York is an illiterate savage and we will always pwn you" type. Of course, I could be wildly overthinking this. It's been known to happen :)

As for Philly fans, I've witnessed some pretty bad stuff, so I won't pretend you're entirely wrong. But I think by this point the image of the Philly fan is like a tall tale that gets wilder with each telling. For instance, when people tell the oft-repeated story of booing and throwing snowballs at Santa Claus, they leave out the part where he had gotten drunk before the game and had upset some children. The things I don't think people get about Philly fans is that first, they're knowledgeable, not dimwitted savages. Second, more than anything they just want to WIN something, anything. They're more misanthropic than angry. When they act out, it's from desperation, not malice. They live between New York and Washington, and have an inferiority complex. Which stinks cause it's a great city.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
To the last part: Agreed. Now that I live in Los Angeles I know that passion is always better than apathy even if it comes out poorly sometimes.

I should note that I think Boston fans were fine before the last five or six years...it was all the winning that did it. They're not violent or anything, I just think they wonder why everyone isn't as happy about their teams as they are. The Pats in 2001 and the Sox anytime before 2004 were sentimental favorites, and I think the Boston fan psyche can't understand why everyone isn't still pulling for them as the little underdog that could. I imagine the same thing would happen to Chicago fans if the Cubs ever won the World Series. (Like that's ever going to happen!) Yankee fans are different. They're more of the "everyone who doesn't live in New York is an illiterate savage and we will always pwn you" type. Of course, I could be wildly overthinking this. It's been known to happen :)

Well, yeah that is the problem, we went from being liked to hated almost overnight so that does have an effect on people you know. its weird all of a sudden people love you and pull for you the next minute you become exactly what people hate the most (the Yankees). The thing about Yankee fans that I can't stand is the fact that they feel entitled to win the World Series, they all believe is their birth right to win the AL East and the World Series.:sick: Even George Steinbrenner said last year something along the lines that they were going to win last year because its been a few years since they had one. It just makes me sick to tell you the truth. They are not confident, they the definition of arrogant, they believe that the Yankees are the greatest thing to ever grace the Earth and they are compelled to buy a championship every freaking year. Plus they get in the way of everything we do and LOVE to rub it in when they beat us. They disgust me, fucking Yankees,:2up: but is a very healthy hatred though.:yes:

As for Philly fans, I've witnessed some pretty bad stuff, so I won't pretend you're entirely wrong. But I think by this point the image of the Philly fan is like a tall tale that gets wilder with each telling. For instance, when people tell the oft-repeated story of booing and throwing snowballs at Santa Claus, they leave out the part where he had gotten drunk before the game and had upset some children. The things I don't think people get about Philly fans is that first, they're knowledgeable, not dimwitted savages. Second, more than anything they just want to WIN something, anything. They're more misanthropic than angry. When they act out, it's from desperation, not malice. They live between New York and Washington, and have an inferiority complex. Which stinks cause it's a great city.

You just described the typical Red Sox fan right there. Baseball here is a religion, with Fenway being the cathedral. For the most part the fans are very knowledgeable and passionate but have a "chicken little" type of mentality which I actually hate. They think that the sky is falling all the time. When ever we go on a 2-3 game losing streak people act like they haven't won a game in 3 years but I guess that comes with the loser mentality that was built for 86 years and to see heads rolling ASAP. Everyone here still has an inferiority complex as well, everything gets blown out of proportion which can be good or bad. I think Francona (you might remember him lol) said it best when he said that "In Boston when you win 96 games, it actually means that you lost 66 games." Anyways in more ways than not Philly fans are exactly like Red Sox fans but I heard you guys like to get just a little tiny bit more physical when it comes to displaying your emotions.

EDIT: I think that Brady is and ENFJ. Anyone agree?

Last edited: