• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Celebrity Crushes

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Right now we're watching Dead Like Me so I have a little thing for Mandy Patinkin:

Mandy-Patinkin-criminal-minds.jpg

He's not my usual "type" but there's something about him. Kind and serene, but there also seems to be some smoldering and passionate bubbling under the surface.

OMG LOOK AT THAT BEARD

patinkin_395.jpg

that thing is so epic!

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Right now we're watching Dead Like Me so I have a little thing for Mandy Patinkin:

I'm a bit jealous that you're currently watching that show. I loved that -- it was one of the first series I rented when I subscribed to Netflix a couple-few years ago (on a whim), and I wound up watching both seasons in about three weeks. Was sad to see that it had been cancelled. They made a post-series movie a while back, but I don't think I'll be watching it -- it got some lousy reviews, and among other things, it's Mandy-free.

Back on topic... I've always had a thing for Julia Stiles...
5240108_gal.jpg

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm a bit jealous that you're currently watching that show. I loved that -- it was one of the first series I rented when I subscribed to Netflix a couple-few years ago (on a whim), and I wound up watching both seasons in about three weeks. Was sad to see that it had been cancelled.

Yeah, I went into it not expecting much but I'm really hooked now. Noah is a little distracted by continuity "errors" which aren't really errors, he just expects too much realism from what's basically a character-driven show that isn't all that serious about continuity.

Apparently there are a bunch of indications that the girl who played George developed an eating disorder during the show's run, which is so sad to me. But that's show biz I guess.

They made a post-series movie a while back, but I don't think I'll be watching it -- it got some lousy reviews, and among other things, it's Mandy-free.

That's what I heard. Bummer. I thought I would skip it, too, until I found out the actor they got to play the supervisor instead of Mandy is....

DESMOND!

henry-ian-cusick-212586.jpg

so I will probably see it anyway.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Ommmmmmggggg I can't believe I missed thattttt. Ahhhh must rewatch it now brothahhh!!! :laugh:

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
The only celebrity crush I had was Anne Hathaway. But that was a long time ago... in my dumber years.

No celebrity crush now - though I've liked the way Alexa Chung looks for awhile now. Really just beautiful. Looks wise, I don't believe I've seen better.

Can't stand the voice though.

Alexa-Chung-at-the-Mulber-001.jpg

Alexa-Chung-announced-as-host-of-ELLE-Style-Awards-2009.jpg

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
The closest thing I currently have to a celebrity crush is probably this pair:
Hamish++Andy+hamishandy_narrowweb__300x4352.jpg

Hamish and Andy for those who have no idea who they are (which is every non-Australian).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Dear Lord. How could I have forgotten!

3946204195_333fe0821f.jpg

Especially Jemaine. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
there are some adorable crushes on this page. i have alread posted clive owen and sanjay gupta in this thread. i'd also like to add todd sampson from the gruen transfer (aussie tv show). quite delicious.

todd-s-200x0.jpg

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
In alphabetical order Gw, Ma, Mi, Sa.

Gwyneth Paltrow
gwyneth-paltrow-at-cannes.jpg

Mary-Kate Olsen
Mary-Kate-Olsen3.jpg

Milla Jovovich
milla-jovovich-main.jpg

Sasha Grey (she should win a best personality award)
200905_sasha_grey.jpg

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can say a celebrity is attractive, but I really don't get the celebrity crush thing. No celebrity ever made me feel :wubbie:.

Except for one, circa a certain time.... :ninja:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've been getting celebrity crushes since like forever. I'm pretty sure my very first celebrity crush was in about 4th grade, on every member of Duran Duran:

Duran+Duran.jpg

Then came Jimmy Page

jimmy_page-pic.jpg

which lasted a few years. then it was Tom Petty

Tom+Petty.jpg

then Damon Albarn of Blur

damon_albarn.jpg

then Beck

Beck.jpg

and that got me pretty much to adulthood.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
I get what you mean. Same here.

I'm riding on this train here. Definitely agree - I'd have to feel like I know the person before I feel :wubbie: over someone. But I can say I have a thing for them, like I find them attractive. Just wanted to post another attractive girl.

Read her twitter a few times. I'm pretty sure she's an INFP. An unhealthy one, but pretty sure. Diora Baird.

newspic1016.jpg

It's interesting to see what other INFP males find attractive. Angell_m, my tastes differ from yours. I don't find any of your girls attractive. There, I said it. Except the Olsen girl, she's ok to look at. So, on that basis alone, it seems there is no pattern among INFP males.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I get what y'all are saying too, but I think celebrity crushes are a vehicle for fantasy- they are based on a fantasy of who you think the person is. I definitely don't get attracted to people based only on their looks. With a celebrity there's a lot of filling in the blanks based on small clues in their behavior- things like a certain way of looking at a costar, a lopsided smirk, and so on. Things that allow you to make assumptions about their personality and what it would be like to be with them. But it's a safe way of crushing on someone because there's absolutely no pressure to actually pursue the person- it's discouraged, in fact. :D

Celebrity crushes when I was an adolescent/teen were VERY intense, as intense or moreso than crushes I had on real boys. It was a way to spin the wheels of my sexuality which was kind of scary to me and I didn't even really want to engage it with real boys. But nowadays celebrity crushes for me are just slightly gooey feelings and an enjoyment of watching/listening to that person over other celebs that don't light it up for me.

E

Epiphany

I misunderstood this thread. I don't have any kind of emotional crush on the celebrities I posted. I just find them attractive.

Last edited:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If it were just "good looking celebrities" then I'd've merged it into the "super hawtest woman" and "hawtest male image" threads. :D