User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon Age: Origins, other games

9w1 sp/sx
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    The game took a total of 42 hours on my main file, but this doesn't include time lost to reloads, the optional modules, and several quests I dismissed as annoying. I fully plan on replaying it after a little break, to try a different class and take a different route with the plot choices.
    You have no idea how much I want to play this game. I consider Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape to be the pinnacle of my gaming experience (okay, besides the SNES time era), and everything I'm reading makes me think this is a worthy spiritual successor.

However, the thought of putting around 60 hours into a game scares the crap out of me. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to do that just yet.

Still, thanks for the update. I'd probably play a mage if I were to get this.

I'm definitely getting this soon. Baldur's Gate 2 was awesome. Also it's made by the same people who made Star Wars: KOTOR.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

I started playing Dragon Age:Origins a bit now and then and I was quite surprised. It's the first 3d rpg with a good story-line and fun gameplay I've liked. It's no arcanum yet storywise, and it's a bit linear and the areas could've been bigger. But it's a fun game.

Now they just need to make a mix between Dragon Age:Origins gameplay, Fallout 3's world size and the freedom of a true RPG, such as Arcanum. That would be one helluva game. :P

I absolutely loved this game, the only RPG to date that I immediately replayed upon ending (first as a Female City Elf, second as a Male Human Noble). I made completely different decisions each time and it felt like a thoroughly different story. Love it.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Playing Dragon Age right now. It rocks and the dialogue is pretty snappy in places -- I've laughed a lot listening to the banter between characters. I've done two origins so far (city elf and mage), I'll try the others later. I'm still not 50% done with the game at this point.

Easy gameplay, easy to figure out, just having some issues with scaling (like when the white whasstheirnames jump me in Denerim, it's kind of a mess to get through).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar

It was a fun game. I spent a whole weekend on it. Great stuff.