• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Books and type of characters

sculpting

So lately as I read books I will identify certain characters that are certain MBTI types.

So I thought it would be interesting to talk about these examples as I find them as sometimes reading about a character of a type written by an author of that type can give you interesting perspective into the minds of other MBTI types.

It is also interesting to see when the author screws it up and tries to describe someone but makes them sort of generic and blurry as they are describing them from the outside, not the inside.

So I figured I'd start a thread. It's all my guesses and I am wrong all the time, so feel free to tell me so...

sculpting

Book 1-The elegance of the hedgehog

This book has an INFJ and an ENTP kid taking turns writing essays throughout the story. This particular interaction was sort of interesting to me already, however reading it, and seeing how it plays out in the book was very enlightening. The author is an INFJ I'd presume, so the INFJ main character seems very well done. It was really interesting.

Book 2-Ourika
This was a book written during the french revolution. It was about a young african girl who was brought up in a very wealthy household as a normal french girl, but then at 12 learns she is really black and thus will be denied all normal social normalities expected of someone raised in her station. I should have been very empathic and saddened by this story but instead I was sort of frustrated and confused as I could not empathisze with her actions. I had to reread it as I realized the author was writing from a very Fe dominant stance, in which social isolation would have been the very worst thing to happen. For me, an Fi user, it was a very enlightening read and taught me a lot, not about the particular story, but about how the world may look for an Fe dominant person.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
The picture of Dorian Grey

Dorian Grey - I think ESTP
Lord Henry Watton - ENTP

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh

Renton: INTP or ISTP

Sick Boy: ESTP or ESTJ

Franco Begby: ESFJ

Spud: ENFP

Dianne: ISFJ

Tommy: ESFJ

sculpting

Okay now I have to go read the books you guys listed again.

The funniest was reading charles bukowski-an ISFP-who wrote an eessy suggesting a whole bunch of authors that everyone should read. Camus, and a bunch of other folks-I'll find the list. I ended up reading authors I would have never read-all with a very heavy Se feel. It was awesome.