User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 40 of 40

  1. #31
    The elder Holmes Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Re thread title: because they're awesome.

  2. #32
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default Artists and Zombie Movies

    I disagree that artists et. al. like zombie movies. I am an artist: a performer, a writer and a film student and I don't particularly like zombie movies and definitely NOT as a genre. I like horror movies and there are some titles with zombies I like -- like 28 Days Later, and the Hollywood remake of Dawn of the Dead and of course I appreciate Night of the Living Dead (original) or the action oriented Evil Dead but that's also because of Milla Jovovich.

    Amongst my fellow film student classmates -- very few have shown any enthusiasm for zombie movies. I also have friends who are musicians and more fine art artists and they are more inclined to like superhero movies or foreign films than zombie movies.

    There IS however a VERY VISIBLE small group of film students who are really into gore/slasher and/or b-rated monster and/or hyper violent movies. This is just a small but almost obsessive small contingent. But you know what? These genres in general have a small but obsessive following, artist or not.

    I think maybe the artists you speak that love zombie movies are mostly white straight men in their late teens to 30s? Because that's kinda the target audience of zombie movies in general.

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Be warned that I hate anime just as much.

    (This angers me because anime fans are often quite the lookers...even when they're male.)

  4. #34
    *ears perk up* wolfmaiden14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Infx
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Be warned that I hate anime just as much.

    (This angers me because anime fans are often quite the lookers...even when they're male.)
    >.>

    <.<

    *runs away*
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

    Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Kyrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    >.>

    <.<

    *runs away*
    No worries fair maiden! I shall protect you from the wrath of Uber!

    But I can't protect everyone who likes the very things Uber hates. ^^ That would be way too many people!

    Just teasing Uber...really...don't hurt me...please?

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I disagree that artists et. al. like zombie movies. I am an artist: a performer, a writer and a film student and I don't particularly like zombie movies and definitely NOT as a genre. I like horror movies and there are some titles with zombies I like -- like 28 Days Later, and the Hollywood remake of Dawn of the Dead and of course I appreciate Night of the Living Dead (original) or the action oriented Evil Dead but that's also because of Milla Jovovich.

    Amongst my fellow film student classmates -- very few have shown any enthusiasm for zombie movies. I also have friends who are musicians and more fine art artists and they are more inclined to like superhero movies or foreign films than zombie movies.
    I find this very interesting because I also studied film, and 28 Days Later and the remake of Dawn Of The Dead are far and away my favorite films in the genre. I also like the Evil Dead movies, but I consider them comedies before zombie movies.

    I'm totally pulling this out of my ass, but I think maybe the reason that your fellow film students don't really enjoy zombie movies is that people who make and enjoy genre horror don't come at these movies from the standpoint of a film lover who happens to enjoy violence and gore. I think they are fans of violence and gore who happen to make films. I hate to generalize, but I'll bet you don't see too many subscribers to Fangoria in line to see things like Michael Clayton or Eastern Promises no matter how good they are.

  7. #37
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I find this very interesting because I also studied film, and 28 Days Later and the remake of Dawn Of The Dead are far and away my favorite films in the genre. I also like the Evil Dead movies, but I consider them comedies before zombie movies.

    I'm totally pulling this out of my ass, but I think maybe the reason that your fellow film students don't really enjoy zombie movies is that people who make and enjoy genre horror don't come at these movies from the standpoint of a film lover who happens to enjoy violence and gore. I think they are fans of violence and gore who happen to make films. I hate to generalize, but I'll bet you don't see too many subscribers to Fangoria in line to see things like Michael Clayton or Eastern Promises no matter how good they are.
    A genre has nothing to do with anything.
    Skill has.

  8. #38
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A genre has nothing to do with anything.
    Skill has.
    Wildcat, your terse, almost crotchety 1 liners crack me up. Especally when you cry 'Balderdash!' I feel like I'm playing the board game and you just won. I'm very bad at picking up deadpan or dry humor online. Is it your inention to be funny? Or am I mistaken to laugh?

    And could you clarify please what you mean about 'genre vs. skill'?

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Wildcat, your terse, almost crotchety 1 liners crack me up. Especally when you cry 'Balderdash!' I feel like I'm playing the board game and you just won. I'm very bad at picking up deadpan or dry humor online. Is it your inention to be funny? Or am I mistaken to laugh?

    And could you clarify please what you mean about 'genre vs. skill'?
    Good luck

  10. #40
    Senior Member quietmusician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    321

    Default

    I think zombie movies are awesome. I just like the gore lol. I don't really care much about the plot when it comes to those films. I'm definitely more focused on how they can make each death scene greater and bloodier. And I don't always enjoy the mainstream movies, but I'll literally watch anything once.

Similar Threads

  1. Why do people like the Pope so much?
    By /DG/ in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 10:53 PM
  2. [ISTJ] ISTJs, how do you observe and remember so much?
    By ygolo in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 02:33 PM
  3. Why do people care about truth so much?
    By Athenian200 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 12:15 AM
  4. [INFJ] Why Do INFJs think ENTPs are SO Adorable? And Want to Eat Them?
    By Winds of Thor in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO