User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE

Baked, I went and saw this film. Actually, just got home from it and thought it was brilliant.

I mean seriously the whole reflection on the island with the characters representign aspects of his real life was extraordinary, I may add!

I'm feeling INFP for Max

What yall think? Go and see it and come back and answer my question.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I thought it was definately a movie more geared toward adults, it seemed a bit dark.

MBTI
    infj

i agree, it seems geared more towards adults...
    a beautiful, original film... one i'll remember..this decade has had some good films when you really think about it.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

The previews for the movie alone, especially with the music they used, was genius. Damn I have to see it now.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I might go see it again, wasn't quite sure what to make of it the first round.

Seemed more so to be a movie about the human condition.

brainheart

Max is the most I have ever related to a childhood character in anything, ever. I think if you are an INFP- or Fi-dominant, anyway- you will be confused by people saying this isn't for kids. Max IS who I was as a child. If there had been more characters like this for me to relate to as a child, I don't think I would have felt so odd. I think seeing such deep emotions in a child frightens others who don't understand, in all honesty- I think they see it as dangerous. And then certain critics thinking kids won't understand the Wild Things because they are like a bunch of unhappy adults? Uh, Maurice Sendak based them in the original book on his aunts and uncles who he was terrified of.

One of the greatest, most real kids' movies ever. Some kids won't get it or like it, sure. Take those ones to see Planet 51 or whatever. Or at least take their parents to it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I'm feeling INFP for Max
    ily.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Max is the most I have ever related to a childhood character in anything, ever. I think if you are an INFP- or Fi-dominant, anyway- you will be confused by people saying this isn't for kids. Max IS who I was as a child. If there had been more characters like this for me to relate to as a child, I don't think I would have felt so odd. I think seeing such deep emotions in a child frightens others who don't understand, in all honesty- I think they see it as dangerous. And then certain critics thinking kids won't understand the Wild Things because they are like a bunch of unhappy adults? Uh, Maurice Sendak based them in the original book on his aunts and uncles who he was terrified of.

One of the greatest, most real kids' movies ever. Some kids won't get it or like it, sure. Take those ones to see Planet 51 or whatever. Or at least take their parents to it.
    This.
    Except I didn't realize I was weird until I started grade school.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Max gets away with a lot more shit than I did growing up. I'm also the eldest in the family so I was always the ones being bugged to watch while I constantly tried to hide from everyone. I've had my ass tanned for only pulling half the crap he did.

No wonder INFPs can be so irresponsable...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

This movie was brilliant. I absolutely loved it and MUST own it when it is released on DVD. Max was a part of me...a quiet not often seen part. I found myself crying at parts and I wasn't even thinkinv about it...I mean literally with tears streaming down my cheeks at some part that just touched someplace inside of me...then a few minutes later laughing at the interaction between the Wild Things. Some children will get this...most will not but I would like to think that adults will go and see it and understand...if only to understand the few children who might really get this movie.

It was not dark...it was not scary...it was full of beautiful, wild, lovely emotions. GO SEE IT!!!!
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I've just seen it and I thought it was terrible. I love fantasy films and from the trailer I thought this was going to be a good adaptation of a book I adore. I'll cut to the chase. The over sentimental, sincerety mixed with fantasy didn't work for me. Fine on it's own without the fantasy, Lost In Translation for example. The fantasy wasn't fantasy, it was a human drama (of the kind found in one tree hill or grays anatomy) played out with monsters, that had a surreal unlikable nature. I found no sympathy with any of the characters, thinking instead that they should just get over themselves. I felt Max came off as spoiled and craving undue attention, especially the last scene with his Mum. I could relate to that childhood aspect, as most kids can, but it wasn't done in a way that allowed me to connect in a positive way. Finally, I didn't think there was any creativity from the director and that all the monsters did was smash stuff, very one dimensional.

I didn't intend to rip it apart, I do want to give an honest appraisal however. Final verdict: too much drama, not enough fantasy. ** (2 stars)

I should add, I got the film, i had no problem with understanding.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~