• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What sports do you like?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've got almost no interest in any sport, meaning that I have almost never in my life paid to watch a sports event live. But..

I'm slightly interested of World Rally Championships , and most interested of the Finnish Ouninpohja stage. I was surprised to read it was widely regarded as the "best" part of the whole competition. Usually I have the same mindset as any melancholic Finnish people do - does anything good come out of Finland?

Ice hockey seems interesting. It's fast. I don't usually watch anything else but the World Championships event, and I don't even have the time for that every year. Yeah, I watch it on TV.. Now I've heard it's moved to commercial channels, meaning I'd have to pay to watch it, so I'm not sure if I watch it. Perhaps I'll buy a channel package that has that event in, as well. Not sure.

So, that's it. Ice hockey and Rally. What do you like?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I've got almost no interest in any sport, meaning that I have almost never in my life paid to watch a sports event live. But..

I'm slightly interested of World Rally Championships , and most interested of the Finnish Ouninpohja stage. I was surprised to read it was widely regarded as the "best" part of the whole competition. Usually I have the same mindset as any melancholic Finnish people do - does anything good come out of Finland?

Ice hockey seems interesting. It's fast. I don't usually watch anything else but the World Championships event, and I don't even have the time for that every year. Yeah, I watch it on TV.. Now I've heard it's moved to commercial channels, meaning I'd have to pay to watch it, so I'm not sure if I watch it. Perhaps I'll buy a channel package that has that event in, as well. Not sure.

So, that's it. Ice hockey and Rally. What do you like?
My brother is an ISTP.

He is into ballet. Modern and classic alike.
I do not object.
It does not disturb me. It is all right.
I can share.
When I am alone I do not need to share.

I do not know about the other sports.
I have only one brother.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Mixed Martial Arts.

[YOUTUBE="VDRa-_coS3M"]MMA Knockouts[/YOUTUBE]

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've always been interested in sports. People playing sports, not watching this over rated crap on TV.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5m9FhbkuI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5m9FhbkuI[/YOUTUBE]

P

Phantonym

I'm somewhat interested in all kinds of sports. Depends on my mood and the time I'm willing to invest in watching some. Participating...not so much.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Watching:

Basketball
Ice Hockey

(they're the fastest and most spectacular)

Playing:

Soccer
Cycling
Cross-country skiing
Dancing

I would have liked to play Ice Hockey, but my city doesn't have an Ice Stadium, I would have had to commute 50 kms to train...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
In order of likability:
Hockey
Football
Basketball
Baseball

Jaguar

Tennis-playing and watching.
Skiing- doing and watching freestyle, aerial, and moguls.
Football-watching.
Horse racing-watching.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'm so copying you, Jaguar. (not on purpose)

I don't care for watching sports. I do enjoy participating in fencing, tennis, horseback riding, and skiing. I also like hiking, swimming, dance, and bikram yoga. I do all of the aforementioned activities for exercise.

Jaguar

I'm so copying you, Jaguar. (not on purpose)

I don't care for watching sports. I do enjoy participating in fencing, tennis, horseback riding, and skiing. I also like hiking, swimming, dance, and bikram yoga. I do all of the aforementioned activities for exercise.

I've never tried fencing, that would be interesting.
I used to show horses, competitively, when I was a kid.
Dad would take my brother and I hiking in the mountains.
I enjoyed fishing with him, too.

Speaking of mountains, my favorite are in Colorado. That's where I used to ski.
Vail, Beaver Creek, and Aspen. The natural beauty in Colorado is magnificent.
It knocks you senseless.

ski_act_bg.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Tennis, Surfing, Golf, Football, MMA, Target Shooting (rifle, pistol, shotgun), Racing (cars, motorcycles), Sailing, Volleyball, Whitewater Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Wake Boarding, Scuba Diving, Swimming, Snow skiing. I know I'm forgetting a bunch, but I like to do a lot of different sports.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Ice hockey. All levels from little mites to the NHL. It is my most beloved sport and will always rank above everything else. There is nothing else like it. If you have never strapped on a pair of skates and tried it at least once, you need to do so before you die. If you have never watched a game, please do.

Baseball. Tradition. Strategy. No clock to play against. It's summer and childhood and it even has it's own smell, if a sport could have a smell. Baseball seems to exist in a suspended state of innocence, regardless of the shit that sometimes surrounds it.

I like American football. I like the military styled formations. Granted, I'm less educated on the game than hockey and baseball by a long shot but I do like watching. College more than the NFL.

With the Winter Olympics coming I'm looking forward to a lot of sports I don't get to watch as much but still enjoy. Skiing and ski jumping, speed skating, figure skating, the luge and bobsledding and curling, which I'm convinced started out as a drinking game.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, sometimes I think if I had actually been good at/able to play team sports well growing up, or any sport for that matter, I'd have more appreciation for them and would enjoy watching them. But, I don't. I do enjoy watching many of the Olympic events, though... but that's about the extent of my sports-watching.

As for sports I do myself, climbing is pretty much it. And I LOOOOVE climbing. I'm also an avid hiker, but I don't really consider hiking/walking a sport.

(In high school I did cross country for 1 year though..so I guess that sort of counts. And I did ballet from 3rd grade until the start of high school)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Soccer/Football,
Pong/Table Tennis,
Swimming.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Real football.
Basketball.
Baseball.

The other sports after those three.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Speaking of mountains, my favorite are in Colorado. That's where I used to ski.
Vail, Beaver Creek, and Aspen. The natural beauty in Colorado is magnificent.
It knocks you senseless.

The Alps are pretty good, too, if you've ever been there.

kryten5786

MBTI Type
infj
playing/ hockey, baseball, track and field, boxing.
watching on tv/ football, hockey, baseball and yes....chess boxing... look it up..