• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paranormal Activity

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
a friend wants to get a group of us together to go see this but after seeing this clip i am terrified!

has anyone seen this or plan on seeing it?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
amusing? they're calling it the scariest movie ever. scarier than the exorcist.

some reviews

Creeeeepppppyyyy!
by bross64
bross64

This was the scariest, creepiest and totally mind blowing movie since the Exorcist was released in 1973. I heard it being compared to The Blair Witch Project so I was reluctant to go see it on the count of blair witch being suckish...I hated that movie. This movie kicked it to pieces! It sucked you in and then ripped you apart! I'm a huge horror movie buff and I haven't seen a scary movie that was actually SCARY in a very long time. KUDOS to you Oren Peli...you and the other people involved made a great film!!!

Side note: Even though this is a very good and scary movie I think people should remember it is just that...A Movie. Those events were NOT real...despite what movie goers might think.
Paranormal Experience!!
by EPORT85
EPORT85

The movie was definitely worth the money. It was as scary as I was told it was going to be! I did not want to be alone when I got home after the movie. It will make chills run through your body the entire night and make you question whether you just saw a shadow through the corner of your eye!! A must see!! Not for the easily scared group of people!
This movie is like nothing else I've ever seen. I consider myself a horror movie buff. I love the thrill of the scare, but most horror movies are predictable and in the end tiresome. They all make you jump, they all have the stupid girl that investigates a weird noise and gets killed. This movie is nothing like your stereotypical cliche horror movie. The documentary style film makes the scenes all the more believable. It felt like I was watching a real couple. I genuinely felt afraid for them every time night came and they got ready for bed. The terrifying events started out mild and grew increasingly intense. The things that happened to these people were horrifying. Images from the film stayed with me for days afterwards, making it VERY difficult for me to go to sleep at night. Scary movies usually make me jump a little but usually underwhelm me. This movie frightened me deeply. I ABSOLUTELY recommend seeing this movie if you like scary movies. VERY SCARY!

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
:)

I find it amusing because, while I have seen, heard, and felt, some strange things, I have never worried about the ghosts getting me.

The audience reactions are the most amusing part.

I may try to see it just to watch the audience.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I haven't seen the previews, but I am a major sucker for ghostie shows.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
lol we're on facebook discussing when we'll see it. i'd like to go now but the husband isn't home yet and my friends husband is out of town so her house is empty and she's afraid to come home to an empty house after seeing it.

i am already creeped out and the wind is picking up outside and i heard some bumping noises downstairs. :eek:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I heard from a friend, that a friend of his went to see it and a girl in the theater puked during the movie. lol

Also this is an interesting bit from wikipedia:
In 2008, the DVD ended up at DreamWorks and was viewed by Production Executive Ashley Brooks. Brooks was so impressed by the movie that she "pestered" her boss, Production Chief Adam Goodman, every day to see the film until he eventually saw it. Goodman, in turn, brought it to his boss, Studio Chief Stacey Snider. They were impressed by the film as well and handed the DVD to Steven Spielberg, who took it home to watch.[8]

In a strange twist, Spielberg allegedly returned to Dreamworks the next day with the DVD in a "garbage bag" because he thought the DVD was "haunted". According to Spielberg, minutes after he viewed the film, his bedroom doors "locked by themselves" and he couldn't get out without calling in a locksmith. Despite this, Spielberg loved the movie and helped to greenlight a remake to be produced by Jason Blum and directed by Oren Peli again. "They didn't know what to do with [the movie]," Blum stated about the remake, adding that they just wanted to be "in business" with Peli.

Basically, I need to see this.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i saw that about Spielberg. wonder if there's any truth to that? still haven't seen it but my curiosity is piqued even though I already read the movie spoiler. people are saying they couldn't sleep after seeing it.

somewhat related, my mother called me several weeks ago and said she was awakened during the night to her body bouncing on her bed (she lives alone). I said it might have been caused by blood flow to the brain but she said it was so real and terrifying she was unable to go back to sleep for a few hours and even then she kept the bedroom lights on. hasn't happened again. night terrors? sleep apnea? whatever it was it doesn't sound pleasant. i had a similar experience when i was younger but mine seemed to happen when i'd sleep on my back. i'd wake up to the feeling that something was pushing me down and no matter how hard i tried to get up i couldn't. very scary.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i wouldnt see it for the life of me. i didnt even watch the preview, i know i'll never go to sleep again.
so nooo way josee

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
i saw that about Spielberg. wonder if there's any truth to that? still haven't seen it but my curiosity is piqued even though I already read the movie spoiler. people are saying they couldn't sleep after seeing it.

somewhat related, my mother called me several weeks ago and said she was awakened during the night to her body bouncing on her bed (she lives alone). I said it might have been caused by blood flow to the brain but she said it was so real and terrifying she was unable to go back to sleep for a few hours and even then she kept the bedroom lights on. hasn't happened again. night terrors? sleep apnea? whatever it was it doesn't sound pleasant. i had a similar experience when i was younger but mine seemed to happen when i'd sleep on my back. i'd wake up to the feeling that something was pushing me down and no matter how hard i tried to get up i couldn't. very scary.
On wikipedia, after that statement about Spielberg, there's numbers for references where they cited that information from. There were two for that story in particular. One was from an LA times article and I don't remember the other but it was another valid news/entertainment source. I looked at the articles and one of them went a little bit more in detail. It said it was his bedroom door that locked from the inside and he had to call a locksmith to open it. Pretty freaky... and kinda cool. I've read mixed reviews on the movie, some are saying it's over hyped but still makes your skin crawl at times. Either way, it's probably a lot better and more effective in inducing fear than any other recent horror film [garbage] put out. I like how the movie's method is not in over-the-top blood and gore, but in the mood/atmosphere... Movies are always better that way.

Who knows what was up with your mother's story, but for yours (the feeling where you felt like you were being held down)... That's a fairly common night terror to have. I've never experienced it, but heard about it countless time and I've seen it discussed here on the forums before. There's a psychological/physiological reason for why it happens, but I don't recall exactly what that is.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074"]eek[/YOUTUBE]i woke up in the middle of the night and was watching joe's apartment. during the commercials the preview for paranormal activity came on. i turned the hall light on and finally went back to sleep. :laugh:

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The trailer looks underwhelming honestly, but I've seen good reviews, so I might pick it up someday, even though I am generally not interested in horror movies.

Unique

I don't usually go for this genre of movies but this one actually looks interesting, it's done in a documentary like style instead

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If it shows in my city, I'm definitely going to go see it with friends next Friday :).

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I Have the most AWESOME pic I can PM anyone truely interested in thsi stuff... truely chilling! :D:D:D