123 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default Paranormal Activity

a friend wants to get a group of us together to go see this but after seeing this clip i am terrified!

has anyone seen this or plan on seeing it?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    a friend wants to get a group of us together to go see this but after seeing this clip i am terrified!

anyone around here planning on seeing this?
    Looks amusing.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

amusing? they're calling it the scariest movie ever. scarier than the exorcist.

some reviews

Creeeeepppppyyyy!
    by bross64
    bross64

This was the scariest, creepiest and totally mind blowing movie since the Exorcist was released in 1973. I heard it being compared to The Blair Witch Project so I was reluctant to go see it on the count of blair witch being suckish...I hated that movie. This movie kicked it to pieces! It sucked you in and then ripped you apart! I'm a huge horror movie buff and I haven't seen a scary movie that was actually SCARY in a very long time. KUDOS to you Oren Peli...you and the other people involved made a great film!!!

Side note: Even though this is a very good and scary movie I think people should remember it is just that...A Movie. Those events were NOT real...despite what movie goers might think.
    Paranormal Experience!!
    by EPORT85
    EPORT85

The movie was definitely worth the money. It was as scary as I was told it was going to be! I did not want to be alone when I got home after the movie. It will make chills run through your body the entire night and make you question whether you just saw a shadow through the corner of your eye!! A must see!! Not for the easily scared group of people!
    This movie is like nothing else I've ever seen. I consider myself a horror movie buff. I love the thrill of the scare, but most horror movies are predictable and in the end tiresome. They all make you jump, they all have the stupid girl that investigates a weird noise and gets killed. This movie is nothing like your stereotypical cliche horror movie. The documentary style film makes the scenes all the more believable. It felt like I was watching a real couple. I genuinely felt afraid for them every time night came and they got ready for bed. The terrifying events started out mild and grew increasingly intense. The things that happened to these people were horrifying. Images from the film stayed with me for days afterwards, making it VERY difficult for me to go to sleep at night. Scary movies usually make me jump a little but usually underwhelm me. This movie frightened me deeply. I ABSOLUTELY recommend seeing this movie if you like scary movies. VERY SCARY!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I find it amusing because, while I have seen, heard, and felt, some strange things, I have never worried about the ghosts getting me.

The audience reactions are the most amusing part.

I may try to see it just to watch the audience.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'M SCARED!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'M SCARED!
    Enjoy the physical sensations, but remember it's just a movie.

MBTI
    INTP

I haven't seen the previews, but I am a major sucker for ghostie shows.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

lol we're on facebook discussing when we'll see it. i'd like to go now but the husband isn't home yet and my friends husband is out of town so her house is empty and she's afraid to come home to an empty house after seeing it.

i am already creeped out and the wind is picking up outside and i heard some bumping noises downstairs. :eek:

MBTI
    ISTx

I heard from a friend, that a friend of his went to see it and a girl in the theater puked during the movie. lol

Also this is an interesting bit from wikipedia:
    In 2008, the DVD ended up at DreamWorks and was viewed by Production Executive Ashley Brooks. Brooks was so impressed by the movie that she "pestered" her boss, Production Chief Adam Goodman, every day to see the film until he eventually saw it. Goodman, in turn, brought it to his boss, Studio Chief Stacey Snider. They were impressed by the film as well and handed the DVD to Steven Spielberg, who took it home to watch.[8]

In a strange twist, Spielberg allegedly returned to Dreamworks the next day with the DVD in a "garbage bag" because he thought the DVD was "haunted". According to Spielberg, minutes after he viewed the film, his bedroom doors "locked by themselves" and he couldn't get out without calling in a locksmith. Despite this, Spielberg loved the movie and helped to greenlight a remake to be produced by Jason Blum and directed by Oren Peli again. "They didn't know what to do with [the movie]," Blum stated about the remake, adding that they just wanted to be "in business" with Peli.

Basically, I need to see this.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

i saw that about Spielberg. wonder if there's any truth to that? still haven't seen it but my curiosity is piqued even though I already read the movie spoiler. people are saying they couldn't sleep after seeing it.

somewhat related, my mother called me several weeks ago and said she was awakened during the night to her body bouncing on her bed (she lives alone). I said it might have been caused by blood flow to the brain but she said it was so real and terrifying she was unable to go back to sleep for a few hours and even then she kept the bedroom lights on. hasn't happened again. night terrors? sleep apnea? whatever it was it doesn't sound pleasant. i had a similar experience when i was younger but mine seemed to happen when i'd sleep on my back. i'd wake up to the feeling that something was pushing me down and no matter how hard i tried to get up i couldn't. very scary.