User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Fortunately, life goes on.
    Haha, yeah...I'll just have to rent an actual scary movie tonight to make up for it

MBTI
    ISTx

Is there such a thing??? I've yet to see a genuinely scary movie... One that makes my skin crawl and keeps me awake a few extra minutes/hours. However, I'm not much of a horror movie buff... In fact I haven't seen most titles, mostly because they don't do much for me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

As cheesy as the concept was, The Ring was genuinely creepy to me. So was The Others.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    That sounds like a personal problem. Have you seen a doctor about that?
    but it is a problem. everything scares me like that. I'm just a big baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I just got back from seeing it and was going to start a thread on it.

HOLY FUCK.

it's not cheesy, Hollywood, amusing, entertaining, funny, or any other word you'd use to describe a movie.

It sinks deep into your psyche and plants a seed of terror that doesn't leave. I have never been so scared in my life..I was honestly shaking and near tears the sensation and sheer absolute terror was so overwhelming.

It's not even a movie. I know it isn't real, but how they did it makes your mind think it's 100% real. No credits, no opening scene..it's just BOOM, and the footage rolls up as if the actual camera was retrieved from the scene, and plugged in at the theater. It's so simple.

Don't judge it when you haven't seen it, either. I had mixed thoughts going in, but coming out I was completely blown away.

I now have a greater respect for the power of demons (though I don't necessarily believe in them),

and won't sleep for a month.

It's not like any other horror movie I've ever seen..and I've seen a lot.
    In most horror movies, you know what's going on, it's all defined. You have ghost, or a serial killer, or a deadly zombie disease turning people into savage beasts..
    But in Paranormal Activity, you're left to judge from the crude framework of authentic patchy pieces of terrifying footage that are seem 100% real. The acting is perfect, and everything seems real.

Another thing that made this movie great (and bonechilling), was the fact that there was no music or outside sound added. There is no ominous high pitched violin music when something is about to pop up, there is no dramatic music when strange things happen, it's just the footage, and nothing more. As if you are right in the room with them.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

There is outside sound added. That confounded rumble tells you when shit's about to go down!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    There is outside sound added. That confounded rumble tells you when shit's about to go down!
    Well, if you wansta be all tecknical!

I thought it was the air vents making that noise. Nonetheless, there was no music, and it sounded awfully scary!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

I saw it last week with high hopes and left rather underwhelmed, along with my brother and brother in-law, who's a horror buff. I had chills going down my spine during the scenes where things happen, but I also yawned every time! The last two bits were solid, but it wasn't worth the price of admission.

Saw it tonight with my brother and i'm glad I didn't go off and pay for it, it was scary at times yes, but it could've been better I actually saw the ending where Katie just sits there and rocks for a day after she killed Micah and the police end up shooting her because she came at them with a knife (trigger happy much?) I would've appreciated the third alternate ending the one where she slits her own throat : )
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

MBTI
    ISTx

*SPOILERS BELOW.... AND RIGHT ABOVE AS A MATTER OF FACT.*

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Darkness View Post
    Saw it tonight with my brother and i'm glad I didn't go off and pay for it, it was scary at times yes, but it could've been better I actually saw the ending where Katie just sits there and rocks for a day after she killed Micah and the police end up shooting her because she came at them with a knife (trigger happy much?) I would've appreciated the third alternate ending the one where she slits her own throat : )
    I watched a video file that was uploaded to the share drive here in Iraq... It had the ending where she's killed by the cops. What's the "true" theatrical ending?