• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game recommendation for all

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok, I bought Oblivion: Elder's scroll, Crysis and CoD:WaW. The last game was the only one that really got me in the atmosphere, I mean, it's an awesome game. I don't like the user inteface for oblivion one bit. I will probably try it again some time (played 60 minutes), but there's such item management I wouldn't want to do in another game. Big :(

Crysis seems okay, I hate to change the suit modes though. Perhaps I should assign a hotkey to each mode to make it more manageable.

The damned store was full of bloody sports/fps/platform games, simulations etc. I've sometimes wanted to operate a crane tho, and now there's a simulator for that :D No, I'm not buying.

Couldn't find Mass Effect, though I'd believe I might like it. Perhaps I'll borrow Assassins Creed from my friend, and give him a game in exchange. Now I want to buy some strategy and one racing game.

My 100 euro card scored almost exactly the average results in 3dMark Vantage. I guess the cards of today are quite ok. About 70Gbps internal memory bandwidth, several billions of texels/second (was it 30-40?) A nice 30-60fps in the games I tested. Usually around 60.

I'd guess it would go down to 20-30fps on new games.

Edit: oh, and I plan to program CUDA at a time. I just understood it's just the kind of extreme stuff I've wanted to do since I was a young kid, and I did it then, just on poor hardware of the time. I'll have to see if CUDA will install on Windows 2003 server. Other graphics card drivers didn't, even though XP drivers should be compatible with it.

Perhaps a lazy graphic card maker just made the installation package check for XP, and forgot to include a check for server operating systems. I mean, what kind of a crazy fool installs 3d graphic cards on servers? :D

F

figsfiggyfigs

How is Bioshock , the new one? is it any good. I've been contemplating getting it.
It's down to bioshock and battlefield. :/

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
How is Bioshock , the new one? is it any good. I've been contemplating getting it.

I preferred Bioshock 2's combat and overall customization and looting and puzzle system to the original's. I think it did a lot of things better. It's as great a game as the first one, imo.

Battlefield VS Bioshock 2...... Bioshock 2. I haven't played Battlefield and it's not really my thing thing though. If you are a Bioshock fan though, you owe it to yourself to play the second one.

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
Both Starcrafts. Nothings more satisfying than destroying someone in a game of starcraft. (also the single player in the first one was sweet, the second one was kindve shit though)

Also, Starcraft 2 doesn't need very heavy system specs to run it, making it all the more accessible!

If your gonna play an RTS the starcrafts wont let you down, these games are very well polished and the matchmaking system (battle.net) is exceptional. Not one of those awful games that uses gamespy or some crap to run, where it works as fast as a chubby slug. (that could sound like a sexual innuendo couldn't it? chubby slug? meh)

Dead Space
yes

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I have the new bioshock and I'm a little dissappointed. The setting and feeling of the game is still good, but I had hoped for more improvement in gameplay and quite frankly that's still lacking in my opinion. (Although admittedly, I haven't played that far into the game. Maybe it gets better? :D )

I'll just stick with Heroes of Newerth for the time being. :D

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Currently most of my time goes into League of Legends. It's a Free 2 Play MOBA originating in the likes of DOTA but with some interesting metamechanics to it. Very addicting.
Teambased 5v5 PvP single champ controlled strategy action :)
League of Legends (it's an affiliate link, where I might get some stuff ingame if you stick with it. Use it, cut the referall out or google yourself if you don't like it :))

I just bought CIV V as well. Looks like the gameplay is a lot like 1 and 2 again which I liked alot.

Oh and I totally forgot Minecraft :D Minecraft

Last edited:

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Demon's Souls is one game I can think of that hasn't been mentioned.

Also, a good free MMORPG is Dungeon Fighter Online. Well that's if you were into the old school beat em up game like Street of Rage, Double Dragon, Battletoads, etc.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
This game doesn't have the high production values of the other games mentioned, but it was made with LOVE!!!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr0CCkH49g0"]Cave Story[/YOUTUBE]

But seriously, Cave Story is an awesome game. It's a bit like Metroid, but without all the tedious back tracking.