User Tag List

First 1234 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I think I'll buy a new graphics card for my system, and 6-8 games. That's as many games bought as I've bought in the last 2 years. But I'll only do it after I've graduated (in 2 months).

I've missed more than one important event in my life because of getting too much engaged in a computer game and spending all my time with it.

That's why I'll wait buying the games for few months

I think I'll mostly buy what you've recommended now, with perhaps 2-3 some other titles. I heard one good friend of mine recommend Assassins creed. I'll take total annihilation, as well. Halo, Mass effect, Half life 2 seem good, per recommendations. I'll dive in the game world and find the rest myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    -Civilization I and IV, not the other games. Being a part of epic story that develops right in front of my eyes. Diplomacy, resource allocation, warfare, many strategical layers. Awesome. Just that I don't feel I have the time to learn the whole game (CIV IV) to such extreme extent as I learned CIV I.
    THIS, except that I like part II better than part I.

Also,

Deus Ex: Pure awesome, and a very underrated game from the cyberpunk gender. It is a combination of RPG and FPS, and takes place around 2050. You play as a UNATCO agent trying to unravel the mysteries behind a terrorist group, and find out that the world as you know it is long gone. Amazing storyline, epic techno-classical-jazzy soundtrack, multiple endings, great atmosphere.

I really like Final Fantasy VIII, my favorite part of the FF series. Cool story and characters, with crappy controls, but who cares?

If you like tactics games, EndWar is probably worth checking out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFP

Warcraft III: Frozen Throne - play Defense of the Ancients. GREAT competitive map for 5v5, 4v4, really any number of players actually... Just play it!
    Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction - literally hundreds of hours of fun in store for you.
    CounterStrike - you get to shoot people, and talk shit after you shoot them. Yay!
    Disagea (PS2 and PSP) - amazing tactics RPG game with insane amount of replay value, customization, and hilarious game script. You can get Disgaea to work on a PS2 emulator on your PC (if you use a PC).
    Final Fantasy IX - I believe it to be marginally better than FFVII, much better characters and less contrived in its treatment of pseudophilosophical questions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Dead Space

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Diablo 2 on ainut hyvä peli, jos pasianssia ei lasketa. Siihen ei vaan heti pääse sisälle niin että sitä tajuais oikeestaan ollenkaan. Ellei sitten joku opeta. Ite oon jaksanu tahkota tota joku 6.5 vuotta ilman taukoja, välillä tosin pelaillu harvemmin, mutta muihin peleihin en oo sortunu.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've heard diablo is quite good as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Nowadays I don't have a lot of time to play games on the computer (not because I have to work all the time, I just prefer to play sports outside), but in the depth of winter I always play a lot the NHL series from EA sports, it's really pure fun if you like ice hockey.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Yeah, bad is just as good as the good, hell with them who dare to like something better than the other.
    Better is a subjective term. Deal with it, Tea Jay.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I heard diablo was great, but played it and didn't get into it at all, seemed boring to me. I have always loved Dynasty Warriors, but according to sales and reviews, it's pretty sucky. I have to try to find Dune, I was going to borrow it from a friend ages ago, but he lost it :\

Baldur's Gate was so much fun back in the days, though upon reflection, it'd probably be dissatisfying after you've made all your characters, just like Neverwinter Nights II. I've bought Starcraft, Resident Evil 4 and Dark Messiah recently, and sworn that I wouldn't play them. When I start playing a game, I don't get off willingly... slight problem when things are going on irl, also screws with sleep patterns. It's not fair though, I don't want to miss out on all the latest games, but I'm also quite content to play the older ones that I've missed out on

Oh yeah, and Warlords Battlecry III was really cool, strategy, with heaps of different teams and units, and it's so much fun
    5 3 9