• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Favourite Road Movie

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Either
1. Natural Born Killers or
2. Motorcycle Diaries

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

"There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge."

Not a full on road trip road trip, but still, a trip nonetheless.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Debatable whether it counts as a road movie, but "Almost Famous". If not, then "Midnight Run".

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
not sure if U-turn is a road movie. also calling grace is gone roadmovie might be a stretch.

no other road movies in my collection

Yes I recall the music was excellent. I have not heard the soundtrack, will check out for the soundtrack.

PS. I havn't seen "grace is gone" yet but think John Cusack is a born natural actor for road movies.

wolfy

awsm
Debatable whether it counts as a road movie, but "Almost Famous". If not, then "Midnight Run".

I was reading through a list of the best road movies and a few of them have Almost Famous on it. I enjoyed that movie. I love Midnight Run, I've watched that one more than a few times.

My personal favourite is a NZ film called Goodbye Pork Pie. Easy Rider is another favourite.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Probly National Lampoon's Vacation.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Road Warrior.

3000 Miles to Graceland was alright also.

PS. I havn't seen "grace is gone" yet but think John Cusack is a born natural actor for road movies.

Not really a road movie but Identity was alrigh too.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
1. True Romance
2. Natural Born Killers
3. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
4. Apocalypse Now

I loved the Vacation movies as a kid.
I must have watched each of them a dozen times. But I saw them recently, and it was pretty much :thumbdown: :sick:

Is "The Jerk" considered kind of a road movie?

I loved it as a kid and still do. :)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
National Lampoon's Vacation would be near the top of my list. I just realized that Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist could be loosely defined as a road movie, however, since they are searching for that band and driving around during nearly the entire film. There are probably some other movies that could be creatively defined as road films like that, although they may not technically fit the traditional "scheme" of road movies.