User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

  1. #1
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,406

    Default Does this book exist?

    This may sound a little crazy, but bear with me for a moment here.

    Okay, so today I had a dream that I actually remembered, which is pretty rare. It was about this place called The Institute that I was inside and I wanted to escape from. I'm not really sure what they did inside the place (I either don't remember or didn't dream about it), but I do know that whenever I escaped, they would find me, drug me, and take me back to the place.

    When I woke up, I had the strangest feeling. I also thought that this MUST be a book. (Don't ask me why, but I was almost certain of it.) I'm not really into books, but this has been bugging me all day. Is there a book that sounds like this, is called "The Institute" or "The Institution," or did I just dream about something from a bunch of TV shows?

  2. #2
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Conspiracy theory? 12 Monkeys?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Conspiracy theory? 12 Monkeys?
    NO YOU'RE TOTALLY MAKING THOSE UP
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  4. #4
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    I remember in one episode when the Simpsons got taken to "The Island" after Homer was dishing secrets about people. They were drugged.

    Knowing the Simpsons, it's probably a parody of something.

  5. #5
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I remember in one episode when the Simpsons got taken to "The Island" after Homer was dishing secrets about people. They were drugged.

    Knowing the Simpsons, it's probably a parody of something.
    Hmm... yeah, I think I've seen that episode. I can think of a couple other TV shows where things like that have happened. Eh, my dream was probably just a combination of stories I've seen/heard. I still can't help but think that it was a book...

  6. #6
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Knowing the Simpsons, it's probably a parody of something.
    This: The Prisoner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    HIGHLY recommended
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

  7. #7
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    This may sound a little crazy, but bear with me for a moment here.

    Okay, so today I had a dream that I actually remembered, which is pretty rare. It was about this place called The Institute that I was inside and I wanted to escape from. I'm not really sure what they did inside the place (I either don't remember or didn't dream about it), but I do know that whenever I escaped, they would find me, drug me, and take me back to the place.

    When I woke up, I had the strangest feeling. I also thought that this MUST be a book. (Don't ask me why, but I was almost certain of it.) I'm not really into books, but this has been bugging me all day. Is there a book that sounds like this, is called "The Institute" or "The Institution," or did I just dream about something from a bunch of TV shows?

    Were you a rat with human-level intelligence, like The Secret of NIMH?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #8
    Feelin' FiNe speculative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL
    Posts
    929

    Default

    It seems like the themes you mention may also parallel shows such as The Pretender and Dark Angel, films such as The Matrix and Dark City, etc.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

  9. #9
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Its not a book its a repressed memory.

    The truth is in the books....
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  10. #10
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,406

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Its not a book its a repressed memory.

    The truth is in the books....
    Oh snap! This must be part of the conspiracy!!! RUNNN

Similar Threads

  1. Does this movie intrigue fellow INXPers?
    By princesssockhead in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 12:57 AM
  2. Does Santa Claus Exist?
    By MerkW in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 04:36 AM
  3. Does this sound like depression?
    By Paladin in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 11:06 PM
  4. what mtbi type does this describe?
    By Meursault in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
  5. What Does this Picture Mean?
    By Helfeather in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 08:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO