User Tag List

Thread: Pandorum

Default Pandorum

So I really enjoyed this movie, which surprised me a little. I tried to write out why that surprised me and address the flaws of the movie (which are present) but cant get anything coherent out :]

I like science fiction. This movie is really fast paced, much faster than I usually like. There are some awesome moments and some cheesy ones too, and some awesome-cheesy ones. I had more fun with this than District 9 (mostly due to the setting and atmosphere), though most are going to prefer D9.

Loved the 'Eden' side story and associated imagery.

Main character: ISTP
    Other dude: saw some Te in there
    Agriculture dude: ISFP?
    Chick: not sure at all. NTJ?
    Pictogram-man: ENTP?

Best quote of the movie: "Fuck this. He's hunting"

MBTI
    INTJ

Pandorum was a solid sci fi film, unlike that shitty, plot hole ridden, plebeian entertainment District 9.

Pandorum had some flaws.... the exposition scene reminiscent of Mad Max 3, and a cliched subplot involving corporal vs lieutenant. But it had all other stuff that good sci fi movie should have - it was atmospheric, featured "technology gone wrong", and dealt with "tough choices ahead in the future of humanity" theme, not to mention good action sequences. I wasn't totally blown away, but I walked away very pleased. Good work, Mr German director guy.

Let's be honest though - the movie wasn't character driven, so guessing types would be a futile exercise.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I was planning to go see pandorum. Gled it's as good as it looks (a serious rarity).

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    a futile exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I was planning to go see pandorum. Gled it's as good as it looks (a serious rarity).
    Let me know. I want to see it again.

MBTI
    INTJ

I thought this movie was awesome. I went in to it basically expecting to a see a typical alien/demon style action movie, but I was surprised by the unique plot/characters and thought it was well done.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume