• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pandorum

lamp

So I really enjoyed this movie, which surprised me a little. I tried to write out why that surprised me and address the flaws of the movie (which are present) but cant get anything coherent out :]

I like science fiction. This movie is really fast paced, much faster than I usually like. There are some awesome moments and some cheesy ones too, and some awesome-cheesy ones. I had more fun with this than District 9 (mostly due to the setting and atmosphere), though most are going to prefer D9.

Loved the 'Eden' side story and associated imagery.

Main character: ISTP
Other dude: saw some Te in there
Agriculture dude: ISFP?
Chick: not sure at all. NTJ?
Pictogram-man: ENTP?

Best quote of the movie: "Fuck this. He's hunting" :laugh:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pandorum was a solid sci fi film, unlike that shitty, plot hole ridden, plebeian entertainment District 9.

Pandorum had some flaws.... the exposition scene reminiscent of Mad Max 3, and a cliched subplot involving corporal vs lieutenant. But it had all other stuff that good sci fi movie should have - it was atmospheric, featured "technology gone wrong", and dealt with "tough choices ahead in the future of humanity" theme, not to mention good action sequences. I wasn't totally blown away, but I walked away very pleased. Good work, Mr German director guy.

Let's be honest though - the movie wasn't character driven, so guessing types would be a futile exercise.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I was planning to go see pandorum. Gled it's as good as it looks (a serious rarity).

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I thought this movie was awesome. I went in to it basically expecting to a see a typical alien/demon style action movie, but I was surprised by the unique plot/characters and thought it was well done.