• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Songs of obsession

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
American Pie - Don McLean

I have become obsessed with this song. I see such personal meaning, a loss of innocence and the mourning period which comes for some as a result of that loss. The themes of music and religion, being allegories for the ignorance which dies as a result of knowledge. I encourage all those reading this to listen to the song, and if you enjoy the tune well enough, listen to it a couple of times to get an understanding of the lyrics. It brings such sadness and bittersweet-joy to my "soul" (i.e. it activates my limbic system). I don't care if this wasn't the intended meaning of the lyrics, such is the risk taken with ambiguity.

Also, I encourage others to post songs which hold special meaning to them.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
...I know all eight minutes of that song. :laugh: