• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Believing "The Beatles" are overrated and type :)

Do you think "The Beatles" are overrated?

• Yes: ENFP

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Yes: INFP

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Yes: ENTP

• Yes: INTP

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Yes: ENFJ

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Yes: INFJ

• Yes: ENTJ

• Yes: INTJ

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Yes: ESFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes: ISFP

• Yes: ESTP

• Yes: ISTP

• Yes: ESFJ

• Yes: ISFJ

• Yes: ESTJ

• Yes: ISTJ

• Hell no!

Votes: 39 61.9%

• Total voters

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
This follows on from the overrated bands thread, and some real life things. If you think The Beatles are overrated or find them completely underwhelming, select yes for your type. Otherwise select the "Hell no!" option.

p.s. As much as I'm an idiot, I've noticed a small correlation with type and found it interesting. So take the poll somewhat seriously.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Overrating something is opinion. People like the Beatles because.

A.) Catchy as hell!
B.) Willing to use simple and complex composition in songs.
C.) Charismatic.
D.) Foreign and exotic.
E.) Nostalgic.
F.) Pleasing to the senses. Their songs are filled with overlapping patterns much like any other band, and humans are creatures that are hardwired to love patterns.
G.) Covered multiple styles, moods, and areas of discussion in their lyrics.
H.) Cute for the girls.
I.) The style of music was easily marketable to the youth of the time.
J.) Changed their looks and style to avoid stagnation, and to discover themselves.

I personally love the Beatles.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not and never will be a beatles fan

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
If you're looking for correlations on this topic, I'd bet you'd be more likely to find one on age than type.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Beatles are not overrated in terms of general public. Some people overrate them, while many underrate them. It really is quite balanced.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think it is overrated, but it doesn't soil my love for them.

The Beatles mean different things to different people. I like the Beatles because I truly dig the message behind it and think they did something real. If a person likes them just because they are trying to be hip, it doesn't make my like them anymore or any less. It's sad. The sad truth is that a lot of people only like them because they think it is the cool thing to do, and that it gives you a reputation.

People need to stop being fake and get real. Get soulful.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The results of the test surprise me, because my mother (INtJ) loves the Beatles. I like them, I think they are good, but I don't say that they are the best or that others don't come close to them.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
The sad truth is that a lot of people only like them because they think it is the cool thing to do, and that it gives you a reputation.

That's probably the entire point of this thread, INXXs are the most likely to admit that they don't particularly like the Beatles. Count me among that group; I don't hate the Beatles, but I would much rather listen to countless other bands if given the choice.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Beatles are the grandfathers of pop music, and that is their their crowning achievement.
Some of their songs are good, and some of their songs are bland and effeminate.

By the way, Beatles types:

John Lennon - ENFP
Paul McCartney - ISFP
George Harrison - INFP
Ringo Starr - ESTP

I'm guessing they had a J manager.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think that a lot of it is that The Beatles A) sold so many records; and B) are regularly feted as The Greatest Band of All Time. That type of attention/adulation will always bring about greater scrutiny and criticism from skeptics.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Beatles are the grandfathers of pop music, and that is their their crowning achievement.
Some of their songs are good, and some of their songs are bland and effeminate.

By the way, Beatles types:

John Lennon - ENFP

Paul McCartney - ISFP
George Harrison - INFP
Ringo Starr - ESTP

I'm guessing they had a J manager.

For once, I am disagree. I read a book on Lennon and it was clear as day that he was a J. He really was the power behind the Beatles and he had a large hand in their success and forming them. Don't let his image fool you. He was really judgmental, and planned out the vast majority of the songs.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heehee...

I think John is INTJ.

Yeah, you'll all say I'm crazy.

Mole

Permabanned
All You Need is Love

While The Beatles were singing, "All you need is love", they were making 280 million dollars.

In fact The Beatles were one of our first attempts at globalisation.

And how successful this has been for us. For since we deregulated and joined the international market our economy has expanded non stop for the past 18 years right through the Asian melt down, and right through the dot com collapse. And today we are the only developed country not in recession.

Oh yes, oh yes, we sing in your ear, "All you need is love", and make you pay for the privilege - of course in the nicest possible way.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I thought that there was a topic here at TypeC where everyone agreed that John was ENTJ?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
"Do you like the Beatles?" is a different question than "Are the Beatles overrated?". Even if you don't like them, they probably influenced whoever your favorite band is. I think people should be able to admit that their contribution to music is immense, even if they would rather be listening to something else.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i love how the yeses get associated with type but the noes don't. so my question what type does the no=?