• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFL '09

mattness

MBTI Type
ESFP
EAGLES BABY! all the way.

i'll only root for the Steelers if i have to & by have to i mean gun to my head held by a russian gangster

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
EAGLES BABY! all the way.

i'll only root for the Steelers if i have to & by have to i mean gun to my head held by a russian gangster

:cool: Hells yeah! I wonder if McNabb with recover in time. If not I am hoping Vick can get a go at it. I don't know how much time he's allowed to play. Isn't there some restrictions (for him) since it's early on in the season?

I root for the Jets, but I'm Eagles all the way.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
:cool: Hells yeah! I wonder if McNabb with recover in time. If not I am hoping Vick can get a go at it. I don't know how much time he's allowed to play. Isn't there some restrictions (for him) since it's early on in the season?

I root for the Jets, but I'm Eagles all the way.

Looks like Kolb is going to get a second shot against the Kansas City Squaws this week. I think it's a good thing. McNabb should come back at 100% after the bye week.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Looks like Kolb is going to get a second shot against the Kansas City Squaws this week. I think it's a good thing. McNabb should come back at 100% after the bye week.

Why can't Vick? Is it too soon? Is it because all of the backlash he's getting from the fans? Give the guy a chance!

Oh good to hear. I thought he was gonna be out for a month or something. It sounded more serious than I thought.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ

Why can't Vick? Is it too soon? Is it because all of the backlash he's getting from the fans? Give the guy a chance!

Oh good to hear. I thought he was gonna be out for a month or something. It sounded more serious than I thought.

Well, it will have been four weeks when he comes back in Game 5. He will have missed Weeks 2 and 3 and Week 4 is the bye. And Reid doesn't seem to want to use Vick as a starting QB, and I don't really blame him. I think he wants to see what he has in Kolb while Donovan is out.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I think starting Vick would be a huge mistake. The guy is still only two months into playing football after a 2 1/2 year layoff. He can't have absorbed enough of the offense to be effective. Besides, I like what I saw from Kolb last week for the most part. I think the last quarter and a half of the game were pretty useless from an evaluation standpoint.

It doesn't have much to do with the fan reaction...they took all that on simply by signing him. And the Philly crowd has actually treated him very well at the games. In the best of all worlds, he never sees the field as a true QB. That means McNabb and the offense are playing well :)

deleted
They need to make a team called the fishheads. I'd start watching football if there was a team called the fishheads.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm not even remotely happy the Bronco's are 4-0, even if they have played some weak teams. At least the Chargers get to beat them twice. :devil: :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not even remotely happy the Bronco's are 4-0, even if they have played some weak teams. At least the Chargers get to beat them twice. :devil: :D

Oh, a Chargers fan are we? *innocently whistles as he removes Clonester's name from the Exercise Challenge* :D

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
The Eagles are fortunate to have two cupcakes coming up (I'd love to include Washington, but we seem to lose to them when they are bad). Hopefully, we will be 4-1 going into the NFC East shootout of Washington, NYG, and Dallas in a row. The Saints are scaring me right now.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The Eagles are fortunate to have two cupcakes coming up (I'd love to include Washington, but we seem to lose to them when they are bad). Hopefully, we will be 4-1 going into the NFC East shootout of Washington, NYG, and Dallas in a row. The Saints are scaring me right now.

Very excited about the NYG v. Saints matchup in two weeks. Our injuries on defense don't matter during this cake schedule so far, but when we start playing good teams...we've gotta get healthy. Just lost our linebacker for 4 weeks.

Eagles always play Giants tough, McNabb [if he's back by then, or is he already? haven't been keeping up] will always scare me a bit.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Today in news: Michael Crabtree inks a 6-year contract with San Francisco. :cheers:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Today in news: Michael Crabtree inks a 6-year contract with San Francisco. :cheers:

In related news: Michael Crabtree signs market-value contract he feels is beneath him, but will prove to be wildly extravagant when he washes out of the NFL in three years.*

*Though he may wash out of the NFL, he may continue to find employment with the Oakland Raiders.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*Though he may wash out of the NFL, he may continue to find employment with the Oakland Raiders.

Who will find some way to give up their first round draft pick to the Patriots to get him.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Who will find some way to give up their first round draft pick to the Patriots to get him.

I like this! And I can see it...

1. Crabtree is a bust and the 49ers cut him after the 2011 season because they can't find a trade partner.

2. Several teams show mild interest, but a humbled Crabtree chooses the Patriots and their offer of the league minimum for the chance to be Belichick's next reclamation project and to catch passes from Tom Brady in the twilight of his career.

3. The Patriots showcase Crabtree in several preseason games, forcing him the ball in the second half against soon-to-be-unemployed defenders. "Unnamed sources" whisper that the team is high on him and he is expected to start.

4. Hearing the rumor, the Raiders offer their first round pick in 2013 and undrafted rookie wide receiver Alan Smithee for Crabtree. The Patriots "grudgingly" accept.

5. The cryogenically frozen head of Al Davis declares a new age of vertical offense in Oakland, built around the talents of Crabtree and rookie QB Ken Stabler, Jr. Davis' head refers to the Raiders as "an elite NFL franchise" six times in the four-minute press conference.

6. The Raiders start the 2012 season 0-6. Crabtree and offensive coordinator Art Shell get into a shoving match on the sideline during a 37-6 loss to the Chiefs.

7. The Raiders collapse and finish 3-13, securing the first pick in the 2013 draft...for the Patriots. Meanwhile, in New England, Alan Smithee catches 89 passes and wins the Offensive Rookie Of The Year award.

8. The Patriots make 17 trades on draft day, eventually parlaying the #1 pick and some spare parts into the entire third round of the draft.

I am 90% serious. :D

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh, a Chargers fan are we? *innocently whistles as he removes Clonester's name from the Exercise Challenge* :D

:D

At least we both get to watch the Raiders implode. It's an annual event of course, but this year is quite good. :popc1:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
In related news: Michael Crabtree signs market-value contract he feels is beneath him, but will prove to be wildly extravagant when he washes out of the NFL in three years.*

:threaten:

but lol.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm about to jump off the nearest bridge. Maybe walk over to Sikorsky down the road and just toss myself in front of the nearest Blackhawk rotor blade. Giants are the worst team in the league.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm about to jump off the nearest bridge. Maybe walk over to Sikorsky down the road and just toss myself in front of the nearest Blackhawk rotor blade. Giants are the worst team in the league.

They are not.

My Chiefs are trying for their first win, just need to hang on vs. Deadskins with under 2 minutes remaining, leading 9-6.

That's right, 5 field goals...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are not.

My Chiefs are trying for their first win, just need to hang on vs. Deadskins with under 2 minutes remaining, leading 9-6.

That's right, 5 field goals...

14 - 6

Four FGs and a safety in the final 30 seconds. 2 wins in the last 30 games... thanks Deadskins!