• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFL '09

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The NFL season got off to a great start last night with the Steelers holding off the Titans in OT.

My team (the Chiefs) will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

I figure the Patriots will be back on top with Brady back, and I'm hoping the Iggles will come out of the more egalitarian (no pun intended) NFC.

MBTI Type
INTJ
The NFL season got off to a great start last night with the Steelers holding off the Titans in OT.

I figure the Patriots will be back on top with Brady back, and I'm hoping the Iggles will come out of the more egalitarian (no pun intended) NFC.

I am hoping you are right. The perfect end to the season for me would be for the Eagles to get it right against the Pats in the Super Bowl. The last one was theirs for the taking and they didn't take it.

Unfortunately, I agree with you about the Chiefs. I think they might be the worst team in the NFL this year. The Browns and Bills could give them a run for their money, though.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
G-MEN! SO EXCITED! *punts child over couch*

Other than a questionable linebacking core, and woefully inexperienced wide receiver group, I'm feeling pretty good. Eagles scare me though, the best thing that can happen with that though is if McNabb has a rough start and the Vick rumblings start...that'd be so much fun.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unfortunately, I agree with you about the Chiefs. I think they might be the worst team in the NFL this year. The Browns and Bills could give them a run for their money, though.
did the Lions upgrade that much?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Since we know the Raiders and Niners aren't going to make a dent, I'm hoping for a 7th championship from the Steelers. :cheers:

MBTI Type
INTJ
did the Lions upgrade that much?

Well, they turned over more than half the roster, and I can't imagine them getting worse.

Besides, the Chiefs and Browns significantly downgraded.

But really, everyone forgets that the Lions were respectable in 2007. They started 6-2 before finishing 7-9. I think last year was probably an anomaly. Actually, any 0-16 season is probably an anomaly.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

1-2 of those will be against the Broncos, who seem to be unable to get anything right this preseason.

So yeah, I can't claim to be enthused this year.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Eagles with a big victory to start off the season. MVP of the game for the Eagles? Jake Delhomme.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thank goodness Rivers is clutch. I couldn't watch the game game last night but how did we almost lose to the Raiders?!

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Krcchhhha#$%%spppatukach@%%%$#$kukucachu.

If the Chargers don't get their act together on the lines it's not gonna be good this year.