User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: NFL '09

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The only thing that can make me go from pure seething hatred to absolute jubilation in the span of seconds is New York Giants football. And German national team soccer. You know it's bad when your GF texts you "...is it still safe to come over today? Just saw the score...take some of your dad's heart medication if you feel funny."

MBTI
    INtP

I think the Rams pretty much have a lock on the "worst team in the league" title for the year. I'm not particularly a fan, but I live in St. Louis, so their games are on TV a lot, and it's often just painful to watch. I've actually heard people say that they should trade their best player, Steven Jackson... not because they don't like him, or he's not a good player, but because they believe that the team is *so* bad that there's no hope for him to even play on a competent Rams team before his career is over. The "pity trade"... that's the Rams.

The Minnesota/Baltimore game, on the other hand, was quite entertaining - even if it ended on a missed last-second FG after a furious Baltimore comeback. Gotta feel for that kicker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

There was a pigeon on the field that literally lined up with the Raiders on a kickoff and flew down with them and landed on the outside of the containment.

It was still there until the Eagles had a third down.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    There was a pigeon on the field that literally lined up with the Raiders on a kickoff and flew down with them and landed on the outside of the containment.

To be honest, the only thing that can salvage this day for me is an Eagle loss and Jet loss to the Bills. And maybe a miraculous ScarJo sexual encounter.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

They are not.

My Chiefs are trying for their first win, just need to hang on vs. Deadskins with under 2 minutes remaining, leading 9-6.

That's right, 5 field goals...
    You obviously haven't seen the Titans play. They aren't even trying anymore.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You obviously haven't seen the Titans play. They aren't even trying anymore.
    Who are the Titans?

MBTI
    INFP

If a foreigner were genuinely interested in seeing what NFL has to offer, which game would you recommend he watch?

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    If a foreigner were genuinely interested in seeing what NFL has to offer, which game would you recommend he watch?
    Wait until January, and watch either the AFC or NFC championship (NOT the Super Bowl). These games are the semifinals of the playoffs, and usually have decent matchups and a crowd of hometown fans without the over-over-commercialization that the Super Bowl has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure the pigeon had two sacks.

Everyone else wearing black did.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So how does football work? Do you cheer for the team that you think will win and then become a "fan?"
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)