User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: NFL '09

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    The Eagles are fortunate to have two cupcakes coming up (I'd love to include Washington, but we seem to lose to them when they are bad). Hopefully, we will be 4-1 going into the NFC East shootout of Washington, NYG, and Dallas in a row. The Saints are scaring me right now.
    Very excited about the NYG v. Saints matchup in two weeks. Our injuries on defense don't matter during this cake schedule so far, but when we start playing good teams...we've gotta get healthy. Just lost our linebacker for 4 weeks.

Eagles always play Giants tough, McNabb [if he's back by then, or is he already? haven't been keeping up] will always scare me a bit.

MBTI
    ISTx

Today in news: Michael Crabtree inks a 6-year contract with San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Today in news: Michael Crabtree inks a 6-year contract with San Francisco.
    In related news: Michael Crabtree signs market-value contract he feels is beneath him, but will prove to be wildly extravagant when he washes out of the NFL in three years.*

*Though he may wash out of the NFL, he may continue to find employment with the Oakland Raiders.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    *Though he may wash out of the NFL, he may continue to find employment with the Oakland Raiders.
    Who will find some way to give up their first round draft pick to the Patriots to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Who will find some way to give up their first round draft pick to the Patriots to get him.
    I like this! And I can see it...

1. Crabtree is a bust and the 49ers cut him after the 2011 season because they can't find a trade partner.

2. Several teams show mild interest, but a humbled Crabtree chooses the Patriots and their offer of the league minimum for the chance to be Belichick's next reclamation project and to catch passes from Tom Brady in the twilight of his career.

3. The Patriots showcase Crabtree in several preseason games, forcing him the ball in the second half against soon-to-be-unemployed defenders. "Unnamed sources" whisper that the team is high on him and he is expected to start.

4. Hearing the rumor, the Raiders offer their first round pick in 2013 and undrafted rookie wide receiver Alan Smithee for Crabtree. The Patriots "grudgingly" accept.

5. The cryogenically frozen head of Al Davis declares a new age of vertical offense in Oakland, built around the talents of Crabtree and rookie QB Ken Stabler, Jr. Davis' head refers to the Raiders as "an elite NFL franchise" six times in the four-minute press conference.

6. The Raiders start the 2012 season 0-6. Crabtree and offensive coordinator Art Shell get into a shoving match on the sideline during a 37-6 loss to the Chiefs.

7. The Raiders collapse and finish 3-13, securing the first pick in the 2013 draft...for the Patriots. Meanwhile, in New England, Alan Smithee catches 89 passes and wins the Offensive Rookie Of The Year award.

8. The Patriots make 17 trades on draft day, eventually parlaying the #1 pick and some spare parts into the entire third round of the draft.

I am 90% serious.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Oh, a Chargers fan are we? *innocently whistles as he removes Clonester's name from the Exercise Challenge*

At least we both get to watch the Raiders implode. It's an annual event of course, but this year is quite good.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    In related news: Michael Crabtree signs market-value contract he feels is beneath him, but will prove to be wildly extravagant when he washes out of the NFL in three years.*

but lol.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm about to jump off the nearest bridge. Maybe walk over to Sikorsky down the road and just toss myself in front of the nearest Blackhawk rotor blade. Giants are the worst team in the league.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm about to jump off the nearest bridge. Maybe walk over to Sikorsky down the road and just toss myself in front of the nearest Blackhawk rotor blade. Giants are the worst team in the league.
    They are not.

My Chiefs are trying for their first win, just need to hang on vs. Deadskins with under 2 minutes remaining, leading 9-6.

That's right, 5 field goals...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    They are not.

My Chiefs are trying for their first win, just need to hang on vs. Deadskins with under 2 minutes remaining, leading 9-6.

That's right, 5 field goals...
    14 - 6

Four FGs and a safety in the final 30 seconds. 2 wins in the last 30 games... thanks Deadskins!