The Eagles are fortunate to have two cupcakes coming up (I'd love to include Washington, but we seem to lose to them when they are bad). Hopefully, we will be 4-1 going into the NFC East shootout of Washington, NYG, and Dallas in a row. The Saints are scaring me right now.
Very excited about the NYG v. Saints matchup in two weeks. Our injuries on defense don't matter during this cake schedule so far, but when we start playing good teams...we've gotta get healthy. Just lost our linebacker for 4 weeks.
Eagles always play Giants tough, McNabb [if he's back by then, or is he already? haven't been keeping up] will always scare me a bit.
Who will find some way to give up their first round draft pick to the Patriots to get him.
I like this! And I can see it...
1. Crabtree is a bust and the 49ers cut him after the 2011 season because they can't find a trade partner.
2. Several teams show mild interest, but a humbled Crabtree chooses the Patriots and their offer of the league minimum for the chance to be Belichick's next reclamation project and to catch passes from Tom Brady in the twilight of his career.
3. The Patriots showcase Crabtree in several preseason games, forcing him the ball in the second half against soon-to-be-unemployed defenders. "Unnamed sources" whisper that the team is high on him and he is expected to start.
4. Hearing the rumor, the Raiders offer their first round pick in 2013 and undrafted rookie wide receiver Alan Smithee for Crabtree. The Patriots "grudgingly" accept.
5. The cryogenically frozen head of Al Davis declares a new age of vertical offense in Oakland, built around the talents of Crabtree and rookie QB Ken Stabler, Jr. Davis' head refers to the Raiders as "an elite NFL franchise" six times in the four-minute press conference.
6. The Raiders start the 2012 season 0-6. Crabtree and offensive coordinator Art Shell get into a shoving match on the sideline during a 37-6 loss to the Chiefs.
7. The Raiders collapse and finish 3-13, securing the first pick in the 2013 draft...for the Patriots. Meanwhile, in New England, Alan Smithee catches 89 passes and wins the Offensive Rookie Of The Year award.
8. The Patriots make 17 trades on draft day, eventually parlaying the #1 pick and some spare parts into the entire third round of the draft.
I am 90% serious.
Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.
Oh, a Chargers fan are we? *innocently whistles as he removes Clonester's name from the Exercise Challenge*
At least we both get to watch the Raiders implode. It's an annual event of course, but this year is quite good.
ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
"I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger