• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Songwriters on TypeC?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'm really curious right now if there are any people on TypeC who write their own songs. I'm really a bad songwriter myself, I don't have any feeling for music and for lyrics, so I only write (pretty bad) songs when I'm really bored. But I know a lot of people who do write their own songs. How about you guys?

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have written songs in the past, but it's been a while. I'm probably so rusty currently that all my songs would be pretty bad too! In fact, I think I'm in somewhat of a creative rut. Once you cease to write, it's extremely hard to get back into it w/the right mindset and inspiration.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I write songs, but haven't in a while. Want to get back into the swing of things.

Thursday writes songs.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Generally I write prose, not songs, but I did in the past. I wrote songs for two bands: one metal, one reggae. I liked it, especially the process of fitting the words to the existing music.
Guys from the latter band even made me sing my own song on their album, which was super-funny experience. :D

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^sounds cool. i like musical diversity.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I write songs, but haven't in a while. Want to get back into the swing of things.

Thursday writes songs.

i've read some and they're really good...post up thursday!

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I began composing electronic music in 1998; led a progressive rock-pop band from 2002 to 2003, writing an 11-song album; and wrote a song here or there while mixing and mastering a friend's series of compilations. My free time is limited and there isn't any immediate use for writing or producing, so I've left that chapter behind.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm in the process of finishing 3 songs. I've made a number of songs before. I don't have a specific genre although many of my songs are quite... spacey and relaxing. What annoys me the most are the lyrics. I'm not really good with sentimental lyrics.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ sounds very cool. And you have awesome website! ;)

edit: Argh.. Too late! I was talking about htb

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
dude quote htb. Don't point to me

Last edited:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
^ sounds very cool. And you have awesome website!
Thanks, Happyman. Insofar as I worked with the most talented, modest musicians -- composing was the ultimate in delegation, with each contributing no more or less than what a song needed -- that band was the most satisfying creative collaboration in which I've ever participated.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I came up with music and lyrics for a song once (came from a dream I had). The problem is that I don't know how to play a musical instrument. I still have the lyrics written down, and I know the tune in my head. Some day I need to actually get around to learning how to play something.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I've written a ton of lyrics.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm good at writing lyrics, and I'm good at putting together music. I'm bad at combining the two. I've got a songwriting book on order from Amazon that should hopefully help me improve.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a songwriter/musician :)
I write/compose many different genres of music,
and the instrumental ones can be heard here:
Niki Wonoto on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
and I'm currently writing for the epic-rock genre,
acoustic-classical genre,
and planning to write for electro-jazz genre.

as for ideas, I often have a lot of them, even in daily basis, that it almost drove me crazy.
the only problem is: I procrastinate a lot (yeah, INFP's usual problem..sigh) in ACTUALIZING it, because I can already 'see' the whole finished music in my head (full with all the arrangements, everything), and since i'm also a perfectionist, I often just felt very frustrated if it doesn't turn out like what I have in my head..

I know that I need to keep pushing forward, to finish/complete each of my songs,
otherwise, incomplete songs simply means INCOMPLETE, unfinished songs!

icmlite

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I started out as a singer/songwriter working primarily with the acoustic guitar and the piano. Now my music interests are pretty diverse, and I use Logic, Protools, and Reason to compose all sorts of music in my spare time. I'd say most of my music falls under the categories of soft rock, r&b, hip hop, melodic pop... I guess that covers 85% of my music haha.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
I started out as a singer/songwriter working primarily with the acoustic guitar and the piano. Now my music interests are pretty diverse, and I use Logic, Protools, and Reason to compose all sorts of music in my spare time. I'd say most of my music falls under the categories of soft rock, r&b, hip hop, melodic pop... I guess that covers 85% of my music haha.

great :)
for me, I'm using Cubase, and Reason.

btw, you said "in your spare time" ,
does that mean, you have a dayjob other than music (what is it btw?),
and only treat music as a side-job, sort of?
any consideration or factors, to not pursue music as a full-time career?..
(seems to be the 'dilemma' , even for the most passionate-musicians/composers..sadly)
thanks.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fools - Avery Dena(me)

Paper tigers in your fist, and you hold them up with poems
You got a fire, lanterns lit, but with no solid promises
Masochism, pick and choose which way quickest to lose our wits
Music from the other room, candles dim
Watching the soft-soap evening news

Just what hell do you know, to act so cold?
Cuz in desperate times, we take the dirt road
Do you even taste the words that you say?
Cuz when you feed an ego, you starve for days

Paper tigers in your fist, and you hold them up with poems
You got a fire, lanterns lit, but with no solid promises
Shadows crawling across the wall
Because its night-time, its what they do

Who are we, besides fools
That run away from arms to run to?